Bonny, Sen Wu (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2011   #1
Bonny, Sen Wu (2D)

Title: Bonny
Name: Sen Wu
Software: 3ds max, Maya, Photoshop

The title tells the story.Yeah,it's the Anne Bonny.It costs me 120 hours,in 5 months on and off.And I like the dark tone.Fascinated with pirate and ocean stuffs recently.

Old 12 December 2011   #2
nice details and clean work!
the thing that bothers a little are the two vertical structures on the floor at her sides, with golden strips. the one at right is overlapped by a rope. the one at left (her right) is completely seen but has been duplicated and the rope part isnt there (the subtracted part), whereas it has to be seen completely, if not overlapped by anything. hope its understood.

. cheers.

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

Old 12 December 2011   #3
Thanks Waheed for your critiques!but I'm afraid I don't get your point.Do you mean there are physical errors or logic errors in the mooring rope pillars part?I checked them again,didn't find any apparent faults.Do you mean the pillar on her right-arm side should be seen more than it does now?Where exactly it is,the metal ring part?The metal rings partly insert into the beam,so they cannot be completely seen,if this is what you are talking about.Would you please elaborate your opinion or explain it again?Thank you very much!

Old 12 December 2011   #4
thank you.
i just meant that those two small pillar like structures with four golden strips each wont be similar, one is overlapped by the rope and because of that its part behind the rope is not seen. thats correct. the other one has to be completely seen, right now it has been duplicated and its top left edge is not there. cause perhaps uve copied the right one brought that to the left. the copied part doesnt have the left edge seen because of the rope.
sorry if i still cant my my point clear...

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

Old 12 December 2011   #5
pls check your mail, on hotmail.

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

Old 12 December 2011   #6
Thank you pal!But the uncovered pillar is already fully displayed on my side.As for the upper-left part as you mentioned,there is a horizonal beam structrue drilling through it,so in the upper-left spot we can see the horizonal beam structure coming out.Is it possible that it appears to you the beam and the pillars are 2 different objects,so you would have that feel?

Old 12 December 2011   #7
oh..hehe. my mistake then.
i couldnt read it the way uve shown. sorry. but i guess this might confuse some one else too, like me.
sorry mate...

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

Old 12 December 2011   #8
At least we finally locate what we are talking about,right,haha.And it shows that my skill is not good enough.Thank you very much for pointing out this(in fact,I notice I didn't handle the conjunction area between beam and pillar very well,but I just let go,now I think I cannot let go any uncomfortable discoveries for an easier work,right?).I will concern more about things like this in the future.Thank you bro!

Old 12 December 2011   #9
sure mate...and all the best...

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

Old 12 December 2011   #10
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread