Help! for my son Ted, Glen Angus (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2007
If the image wouldn't look like showing a dead child under the earth, I would find it a little easier to relate. But frustration can really force up the wildest agendas.

Glen, being active is exactly the right thing to do and you should consider using your art elsewhere, if you don't do that already, to continue looking for support.

In case this fails to move enough, there are two things to realize about this that could be considered positive: First of all, autism can lead to savant abilities, which is rather exciting, even if hard to deal with, I'm sure. Second of all, you're so very lucky to at least face such problems at a time when this is really nothing new anymore and mankind is aware of autism. I wished they would have figure out already how to artificially produce a better link between the brains hemispheres, if it was missing or weak, which at such a young age could even yield in a proper adaptation by the brains development.

Anyway, good intentions, but I wished it would feel less morbidly like a dead child already. Looks hopeless. If something looks too hopeless I just worry that it feels like it's nothing to worry about anymore. Your child is alive, don't portrait it otherwise. And I bet he's gonna be a genius no matter what!

Last edited by Taron333 : 03 March 2007 at 06:07 AM.

03 March 2007
I wish you best luck and power to overvome the difficulties on your way. Is there any way for non-US subjects to fil the form linked in your post?

http://www.myraido.net
http://www.rhunstone.com

03 March 2007
I am still inspired by how many great people are stepping up replying and sending in letters.

Taron333: You have an excellent point! My son is certainly not lost. I wanted to make it
look really dramatic as in there is so short amount of time for the government to act. Maybe the pallette is too cold, and I should warm it up. It was sooo hard to paint your own child in this light- It would be theauraputic to warm the skin tones up a bit.

I was thinking of doing a follow up piece to this painting after such a positive response.
Once my son is in therapy show him free.

As for the savant abilities we were interested in those, but a child psychiatrist told us it was doubtful as he hasn't made any attempts to communicate. We are choosing not to listen to that and remain hopeful that he will show some special abilities. He already seems to have an uncanny dexterity with his hands at such a young age. who knows.

Raido: Good question- as for non citizens of the US an email to the 2 email links below the intitial govenor's link would also be helpful.

Thanks again everyone. You have changed a painting born of pure of passion that I ironically was not even trying to further my artwork into my most successful post ever.
Respectfully,
Glen

Respectfully,
Glen
www.gangus.net

03 March 2007
Here is a link of my son from a news clip here in Madison.

I feel so many of you know me personally now that it would be something to share.

Plus might brighten the thread up a bit. He totally was fascinated by the giant news camera
so he was looking right into it, and was really happy. Thought it might be nice for you to see him so happy. (and out of the ground)

http://www.wkowtv.com/News/index.php?ID=9315

click on the little tiny camera icon at the top right of the photo.

Glen
www.gangus.net

03 March 2007
well it looks like it's all going in the right direction. I was kind of hoping to see you in the clip good luck in further fight and let us know if there is anything we can do man.

Myspace www.myspace.com/olszakmike

Sketchbook

03 March 2007
That was great. Thank you for the link.

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

03 March 2007
I'm relieved to see that progress is being made and I hope Ted gets help soon. I just want to wish you and your family all the best.

03 March 2007
Congratulations, Glen, on the Governor's measure to require insurance companies to cover autism! It was great to see Teddy excited and playful! You hang in there and we'll keep praying.

03 March 2007
Thank you and free hi res image download

DOWNLOAD THE HI RES IMAGE

Hi everyone,

Thanks to your support I believe there is muchmore pressure being put, not just in this State, but elsewhere towards support for children with autism.

Also I don't think I have ever had so many votes (77 in all I think) and an above 4.00 rating!
You are all so kind.

In some small way to thank you I am posting the ftp link so that anyone can download the
hi res image to print for personal inspiration and/or use for any charitable purposes.
There have been many people that are dealing with similar situations, and I would like you to have this image for free.

Here is the ftp address: http://www.gangus.net/Ted.zip
click on the link and simply hit save.

If it is to be used publicly- Please footnote that the image was done by gangus and taken from the kindness of the forum at CGtalk.com
(If the moderators do not want any association with this please contact me and I'll remove this part, otherwise I am proud to have you be affiliated with this)
www.gangus.net

Last edited by gangus : 03 March 2007 at 12:37 AM. Reason: change title

03 March 2007
Best wishes on your son and your family Gangus!Perhaps the most passionate post I've seen on this site.
This is what art should be about.
Hope to see this immortalized in the CG awards section

harnpers

PS- 5Stars!

03 March 2007
like you my son has been diagnosed recntly with autism. but there is a cure and you need to investigate it for yourself. www.generationrescue.org is a great place to start!!
and here is a great video to understand what is happening and what you can do for your son
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?do...840646&q=Autism

Last edited by robinmitchell : 03 March 2007 at 09:19 PM.

03 March 2007
weh, first post here...

well, this is my first post here(i have no reasons for doing it before), but i wanīt to show you my concern about your sonīs situation, and my support.Could write more, but i will be repeating things said along the post so just say another little one thing, i sent the mails even iīm from spain, because the more mails they get, the faster they will turn to the problem, even if itīs only to stop the mailing(in the worst way non USA mailing will be at least noticed and discarded, but noticed at all) XDDD, and well autism is something related to the human beings,in abstract sooo hope all this helps.

03 March 2007
Amazing piece. I send my mail, although im not in the US, i hope it counts for something. I had a sister with a really weird form of autism, so the image really affected me . I hope it all turns out well for you, really, and i will prey for your son.

Buena suerte.

My Youtube Channel

3d Gallery: "Mega Man X"

03 March 2007
I've found an article about autism if you're interested in read it, but it's only in french... sorry there is no translation:

http://www.centredessciencesdemontr...archives124.htm

hope it help you in some way.

be strong and keep the good work, your art is amazing, always inspire me.

03 March 2007
Dear Glen
Your intence imotions for your son brough tears to my eyes reading your post.
I'm glad you could express it out through this wonderful peice of art that you made.
I got to your post through the CG newsletter, so I think CGS moderators are also on your side and it's very generous of them and they have my complete admiration and respect for that well done CGS.
Good luck with your son's therapy, always keep hope and faith that there's a way to get him out of this mental prison.

Good luck Glen

Thread Closed share thread