Old man, gene Teh (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2011
Old man, gene Teh (3D)

Title: Old man
Name: gene Teh
Software: Maya, mental ray, Photoshop, ZBrush

Hi, I did this few months ago during my free time. Software that i used are zbrush, maya, 3dcoat, photoshop and shave & haircut.
This was my 1st time using 3dcoat for retopo, uv, and texture,its very smooth and fast workflow :D

Here are some wip snapshots, hope you all like it.

06 June 2011
Great work, looking really good!
My only crit is maybe a bit stupid, but I think the ear-texturing is not really up to par with the rest.

06 June 2011
Nice done) Awesome work. It seems to me, that the man got tired from life) ++

06 June 2011
WICKED JOB!! Love it. how do yo make your skin textures so nice?

06 June 2011
Tangled-Universe - thanks for the comment, i do agree that the ear texture can be better. because its less detail compare with the face.

Tigersfather - thank you, this time I don't wan to do a hero again. Trying somethings new with more sad emotion.

CustomJC - thanks, I use a lot real skin texture for him this time, and skin detail sculpting in zbrush also helps a lot. 3dcoat help me a lot too during texturing. which i can paint on 3d model with layers

Here is a snapshot in maya with shave and haircut

06 June 2011
Speaking of ears, these ones are among the best modelled I've seen so far, but to be really perfect I think you should make the antihelix (that guy Y shaped) less protruding.
Also, I catch an uncomfortable feeling that ears themselves look like "glued" to the head, instead of being part of it. Maybe proportions, maybe angle stitching, I'm not able guess.
I really appreciate this work of yours, it looks excellent to me; the above just wishing to help towards perfection (btw, I lectured human anatomy in artschools).

So...this is the victory we longed for.

06 June 2011
Wow, that's really nice. I love his grumpy expression.
Render Farm
Support@ResPower.com

06 June 2011
Excellent! Very impressive portrait.

06 June 2011
ebasta - thank you very much for the comments, this is what I hope to get in here, very much appreciate. :-)

Aerilenn - glad that you like that

Neb - thank you

06 June 2011
This is real awesome portrait! Your art style really fit you well!! XD

06 June 2011
It's a nice head, but this man doesn't feel 'old'. That's because his eyeballs are way too young. Old eyes are dirty, muddy, 'cloudy' as opposed to your perfectly clean eye white and irises. Furthermore, I think it's a pity the hair looks like it's drawn onto the rest with a pencil. I feel two styles mixed together. But maybe that's the look you were going for?

In any case this character has a very nice charisma.

06 June 2011
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread