The Weasley's Part 2, Stuart Townsend (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2011
The Weasley's Part 2, Stuart Townsend (3D)

Title: The Weasley's Part 2
Name: Stuart Townsend
Software: CINEMA 4D

Created in Cinema 4D and VRay.

Based on the Weasley home 'The Burrow' from the Harry Potter series.

This piece of relies heavily on purchased and free models, but it is more of a lighting study than a piece I claim to have built from start to finish.

Crits welcome.

05 May 2011
Few more shots from the same project

05 May 2011
Awesome!

Wow! It looks just like I imagined it while reading the books Great Job

05 May 2011
Amazing details youve got here!

05 May 2011
Amazing work ,I love the details which include lighting too.
Though I feel lighting on ceiling is bit too much and that silver pot on on stove is getting too much attention may be b'coz of high specular and bright values but this just my personal thinking .
Nice work looking forward for more work from you.

Yogesh
Lighting Reel

05 May 2011
Very nice work, love the chaotic lived in feel, awesome work on the details. Just have a look at your roof textures there, it looks like you've got a bit of repetitive tiling going on.

05 May 2011
Very nice! Love the detail you put into it! Great job!

05 May 2011
Amazing

Very nice project it look like a dslr photos.
5 *

05 May 2011
I love it. Amazing work.

05 May 2011
Thanks for the feedback guys.
And thanks to the new system, it finally got through to the gallery, after being rejected twice.

05 May 2011
Very Nice image,I love more the zoomed view it had a special feel.You got this image rejected with old system?

05 May 2011
Originally Posted by ThePriest: Thanks for the feedback guys.
And thanks to the new system, it finally got through to the gallery, after being rejected twice.

As you can read in General Discussion, the accepting system has reverted to the old way (luckily, I deem). Your work deserves to be accepted anyway, IMO.
I'd give it four stars, and would be five, just for the fact that such a mass of details strain the eyes

So...this is the victory we longed for.

05 May 2011
Good work Stuart
However, what you did in this persons forum was pretty unprofessional or at the very least- unkind... Don't plug your work when it's someones time for attention. Give a critique and resubmit when your own work is better, but don't discourage artists trying to find their way ...
Having said that- Good job on the lighting and atmosphere. Congrats on getting your piece accepted.

05 May 2011
Originally Posted by hazenbenjamin: Good work Stuart
However, what you did in this persons forum was pretty unprofessional or at the very least- unkind... Don't plug your work when it's someones time for attention. Give a critique and resubmit when your own work is better, but don't discourage artists trying to find their way ...
Having said that- Good job on the lighting and atmosphere. Congrats on getting your piece accepted.

It was unfair to target an individual with my frustration surrounding the submission system, you're correct. At least order is restored now.

05 May 2011
I think your close up shots are far better than the main render you submitted; and if you'd submitted this again now, it would have been rejected again. You have too many generic textures with no motivated, idiosyncratic detailing, and your modelling placement is very contrived. If you wanted to create a feeling of chaos, you need to work on this a lot more because the impression I get is of very precise order of a lot of objects. Your lighting is also incongruous, as the model and setup would suggest that the interior is being lit from the outside, but this is not the case with your actual lighting setup due the high amount of bounced light everywhere. Lighting is a creative tool; use it as such, as opposed to using it simply to make the scene not black.

Thread Closed share thread