C.R.A.B. Robot, Jamie Martin (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2010
C.R.A.B. Robot, Jamie Martin (3D)

Title: C.R.A.B. Robot
Name: Jamie Martin
Software: CINEMA 4D, Photoshop

Cybernetic Autonomous Remote Barricade

The new C.R.A.B. Robot sentry provides a peek into the future of Policing. Could this be the next replacement for the Police patrol officer, armed guard, or even a substitute for the Police patrol vehicle (and driver)? Such a machine could revolutionise the nature of Policing; combining the role of a Police vehicle and Police Officer into one, utilising advanced robotics and artificial intelligence technology.

Having been secretly developed over the past 12 years as a joint venture between weapons manufacturer Dalton/Stanley and megacorporation Omni Consumer Products, their historical collaboration has produced the most advanced robotic defence system ever constructed, featuring next-generation weaponry and armour protection. The C.R.A.B. is set to pave the way for all future Police and Military automaton technology from here onwards, and will be found on patrol in the public domain very soon.

Extensive development timelines has enabled Dalton/Stanley and OCP to combine the knowledge of their respective fields to hone the C.R.A.B. robot to be not just an alternative to the traditional Police guard and patrol unit, but to surpass that role in all aspects. This is just the first step in the future of defence robotics!

Created in Maxon Cinema 4D. Post work in Photoshop. Video and audio edited in Final Cut Pro.

Copyright 2010 www.JamieMartinDesign.co.uk

Teaser Animation (click image to watch):

ROBOT RAMPAGE! Viewer discretion advised :) (click image to watch):

Mini-site, with more information about the design (click image to visit):

Concept sketches:

Additional Images (click images to view full-size:

Thanks for looking.

07 July 2010
Excellent presentation and awesome videos! Well done all around.

07 July 2010
Thumbs up

Great work! reminds me robocop series nice integration of human bilboards.

Ah by the way if it was smaller scale it should be harder to get away from this mech , now its like a miniven.

Demo Reel <<< Protfolio Rendering/Lighting

07 July 2010
Nice work and videos! I think I would have to agree with Dodgeas3d, these bots would pretty formidable if they were smaller and in greater numbers. or maybe in different sizes... big ones for crowd control, small ones for swat operations. Anyway, great images.

07 July 2010
Finally , after long long time anything pleasant for industrial designer eyes....only two details make me sad..... CANONS--- why? .... ...this is robotic droid, not cop..... think about electricity, too loud noise, white noise sound, microwave, water.....a lot of choices for demonstrating power..second detail is this STUPID Apple on management unit in dock....it s look cheap...after upgrade of weapons against masses can look this dron absolutely different...

07 July 2010
Great stuff!
Awesome presentation aswell.

07 July 2010
Yeah! The big thing.
Perfect.

Thomas

07 July 2010
Love the video! I love the robot, I also think that it would be awesome it have a Net laucher to stop retreating criminals

07 July 2010
Thanks everyone. I'm really glad you like it.

Dodgeas3d - actually when I started my WIP (see here) most people thought it was toy/dog sized. Admittedly that might be a more effective/alternative way of approaching robot policing, but I was going for dramatic impact with this design. I wanted to do something that was impressive in scale and that would loom over the general public menacingly.

Thanks for looking.

07 July 2010
Haaaa great great presentation man,I loved it all,congratz!

07 July 2010
wohhhh very nice job man and very impressive presentation

07 July 2010
Thumbs up

Excellent pictures. Very Good presentation!

07 July 2010
I am very impressed. Your job is very professional.

07 July 2010
More props. Very impressive presentation and quality. I got myself a new desktop wallpaper. =)

07 July 2010
Brutal!

:: Autodesk/Alias Certified ::

Thread Closed share thread