Machu Picchu - Lost in Time, Jakub Goda (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2010
Machu Picchu - Lost in Time, Jakub Goda (3D)

Title: Machu Picchu - Lost in Time
Name: Jakub Goda
Software: 3ds max, After Effects, Photoshop, VRay, Vue, ZBrush

I've always wanted to visit this place with its unique atmosphere. Now, after several months spent with it on my screen, I'm no longer sure about it:) But if this would help to motivate you to pack your things up and visit this ancient Inca's city, then I will be glad!

You can see the highres animation here:
http://www.vimeo.com/13276881

07 July 2010
I went straight to my National Geographic Magazines and started a bit of a comparison. Alone the fact, that it's like a "Whats different in the following pictures?" game shows, that you did quite well in my eyes. Of course there are such differences, but on the other hand even several trees are in position. I think this is quite impressive.

The animation gives a good impression of the places topology enhancing the effect of pictures alone.

Where did you get the precise information to work it out - did you construct the terrain by yourself or did you use terraindata directly? Could be interesting to see some WIP-pictures (if you have the time).

Thanks for sharing the work.

07 July 2010
Thanks.

I modeled entire terrain from scratch. I assembled hundreds of reference photos and apart from that I was lucky, because I googled some kind of 3d scan point cloud data, which werent usable really for actual modeling, but it did good job to help me orient in entire place.

07 July 2010
good job gode

07 July 2010
Thank you for the information - I'm even more impressed.

07 July 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread