3DCG mini cooper + Occlucion, STUDIO ORENCHI (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2010   #31
wonderful job... congrats.

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

Old 06 June 2010   #32
thats extremely well done..I have to look pretty hard to find anything 'cg' about it(some of the bump mapping)..nice work!!

Old 06 June 2010   #33
Excellent
Sorry for mistake, Earlier I claimed it as a photo. BTW why cant you post the wire here rather than in your portfolio. No reply from you too made the thing suspicious. Any way if you dont mind I am posting the wire here.

Old 06 June 2010   #34
amazing.. seems real! good job!

:: my blog ::

Old 06 June 2010   #35
awesome work... fooled many into believing this is fake
only hint that this was a CG is by looking at the front left Tyre... it appears to be in air (shadow?)

Old 06 June 2010   #36
Very impressive photo integration skills, and a good eye for detail

Cobra 6
LinkedIn

Old 06 June 2010   #37
Some of the detail made this obviously 3D but that's not a critique. Just a few parts were super clean. It's a stunning piece of work.

I love how people are still annoyed even though they were proven wrong. Just apologise rather than have a go. The guy is an artist...not a forum expert.

Anyway...it's the biggest compliment you could have when people doubt it's NOT a real photo.

Marvelous work.

Old 06 June 2010   #38
Being a bit of a nerd (looks at avatar) I could tell that it wasn't a photo as certain things were slightly off but it is very well done. My only crit is that copying directly over an existing image isn't anywhere near as impressive as if it was 'dropped in' to a blank photo. It's a bit like painting over a photo in photoshop, it requires some skill but not a fraction of what is required to create from scratch.

http://immersivevr.co.uk

Old 06 June 2010   #39
isnt the texture just a simple projection, including baked reflections and stuff ? -if thats the case, than imho its a sort of a cheat

and i also agree with biliousfrog above me

Old 06 June 2010   #40
LOL 'a sort of cheat'.... 'like painting over a photograph'....

A very nice model and render.

Obviously it's not perfect but I won't rant on about it

turner

Last edited by turner : 06 June 2010 at 11:11 AM.

Old 06 June 2010   #41
great job man!
とても上手、すごいい作品!

This reminds me of kindergarten

Originally Posted by darkshark: This is a photograph. I'm almost demanding to see a wireframe shot of this.
The composition of the background photo even suggests that it's NOT 3D.

Show me a wireframe and I'll believe you, but until then, this is 100% bs in my eyes.

Old 06 June 2010   #42

thought i posted something when i didnt

Old 06 June 2010   #43
oh com´on, the guy didn´t even post a wire yet and you are already talking this down as a fake. Become mature guys.

The render is indeed great. The lighting is fantastic, the composition rocks, the car model is great, the textures are superb. Overall a technically great image worth the front page plug.

However, you can still see it´s 3D when you look closely. Not only that it´s too clean in some areas also the shading is not 100% there, especially on the tires and visible on the side reflections (they are simply too perfect for such an old rusty car with that old trabant-like materials on it). But that´s rather nit-picking.

Keep it up.

Old 06 June 2010   #44
Originally Posted by JHarford: Great work, very realistic and well rendered. It's so humourous to see people post that it's a fake or a photo and needs looking into. It's such a huge compliment to the artist and i'm sure it will get more common in future.

it's outta question, that this is a very well executed render. nice model judging by those wires, nice texturing etc. but: the really impressive part of that image isn't the rendering of the car which isn't much of a problem for the experienced artist nowadays, but instead the impressive part is the compositing with the background. given the fact that the integration of the render into the backplate uses the already existant effects that the original car caused to the ground - every blade of grass fits the original image - this is kind of a let down and at the same time drove people to claim it's a photo - which isn't completely wrong tbh.

anyway: good job!

Old 06 June 2010   #45
Originally Posted by Designer: [...] The lighting is fantastic, the composition rocks, [...]

errm, tbh, it seems he almost exclusively let the environment map »light« his car. so, fantastic lighting is something entirely different. for the rest see my post above

*edit1*: grad erst gesehen, dass du's bist samir, hi

*edit2*: man, du hast dich echt weiter entwickelt. nette dpit reels, weiter so!

Last edited by valentine : 06 June 2010 at 12:09 PM.

Thread Closed share thread