Robot in disguise, Valentin Yovchev (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2010
Robot in disguise, Valentin Yovchev (3D)

Title: Robot in disguise
Name: Valentin Yovchev
Software: 3ds max, mental ray, Photoshop

Title: Robot in disguise
Name: Valentin Yovchev
Software: 3Ds max,Mental Ray,Photoshop

I'm a huge fan of transformers and they did really some pretty awesome job on the robots and they putted 1 2 old cars but not the good old German trabant. Yea I made an autobot version and with friends in the Bulgarian forum we manege to come up with an idea of decepticon and that's how the idea for this artwork comed up for me.
The robot in disguise was a Daily Deviation in Deviant art,and it was chosen for art of the week in Digital Art Secrets.
But not that's what makes me happy,I've recived an email from The US/UK Fan club of the Trabant owners who ware really exited and happy to see that someone come up with idea of trabant transformer

01 January 2010
Trabant... haha! I once drove in that car when i was little good job

wheels can be improved a bit, also the lighting bothers me a bit... i think it needs to be a little more dramatic, but the modeling it`s great

Einstein Building

01 January 2010
Haha nice trabant. I made one too one and half year ago

I think robot head looks less interesting, everything else is very nice

01 January 2010
The modeling, detail, and 3D aspect is fantastic! As an image, weaknesses show through the other areas....

The lighting is kinda bland. There's a lot you can do, but start by adding subtle warm & cool tones to lights.

It could just be the lighting, but the shaders look very basic. There's a large discussion about Mental Ray shaders in the 3DS Max section here, as well as a collection of shaders you can download and analyze.

01 January 2010
I understand i know that there is big variation of materials inside mental ray but have you seen trabant my my friend it's quite simple plastic type of looking material nothing to complex

01 January 2010
The robot is in such a dynamic pose, that motion blur on the moving parts would be cool. Nice work!

lunatic-studio.com

01 January 2010
Hi

Very good modeling and idea of "Trabanformer". The pose works really good and is convincing the viewer that the transformer really has got some weight.
The textures need some work. Now there´s not really any metallic effect on the yellow surfaces which makes them look like plastic. Other than that really good work.

01 January 2010
Originally Posted by ahven: Hi

Very good modeling and idea of "Trabanformer". The pose works really good and is convincing the viewer that the transformer really has got some weight.
The textures need some work. Now there´s not really any metallic effect on the yellow surfaces which makes them look like plastic. Other than that really good work.

Mate Trabants Are plastic not metal

02 February 2010
hhhahaha really nice

02 February 2010
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread