Where Music Meets Fine Art, Miklós Gábor (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2009
Where Music Meets Fine Art, Miklós Gábor (3D)

Title: Where Music Meets Fine Art
Name: Miklós Gábor
Software: 3ds max, CorelDRAW, Photoshop, VRay

Hi all guys... As I haven't got enough time to finish the great final scene, that I have decided, I decided to create a nice and smooth Studio CluseUp Render Series from this guitar...

The name of the series is: Where Music Meets Fineart...

It has taken about 2-3 weeks to modell down the full guitar precisely and 2 days for rendering and Lighting... No HDRi were used, everything has been controlled with mesh baseb lighting...

Inlays designed by myself. The hardwares on the guitart stratocaster are Custom, which means I have put better quality stuffs on the guitar that the original has... (I think ) Except the tremolo... It's the original one .

I used MeshSmooth, to get unlimited resolution. The wood material is fully procedural (as I have uploaded it to VRay-materials.de, you can download it as you wish)

So I hope U like all part of the series. Enjoy!

You can find more renders here:
http://pi3c3.deviantart.com/gallery/

10 October 2009
Right...

Here are the other renders:

Hope u like it =)

10 October 2009
Wow this is looking amazing. Phantastic details and great materials. The Lighting is amazing too! Its just photoreal. WOW! Phantastic work!

Cheers Silverwing

10 October 2009
Excellent work, excellent details!
I'm really impressed by the renders.

10 October 2009
Tanky you all! I'm glad... =)

The litghing was quiet easy:

For diffuse light it is better to use a desaturated light blue color, and for directional it is better to use a yellow one...

And of course, don't forget to turn off "Affect reflection" and "Affect specular" buttons.

And the most important thing, Exclude all other objects on the Diffuse light option except the hemisphere. On the directional one it gives you wrong result, as it removes the reflected caustics effect from the object...

I notice that the directional light is looking at the object you wish to light and it is double-sided, and the diffuse is looking at the hemisphere and the double-sided option is off...

Ok... I hope I could help you with this trick... =)

10 October 2009
wow ... 0.0
great modeling and lighting .
very very perfect .
Best regards
^.^

10 October 2009
Superb...i really like this one

10 October 2009
Nice texture and lighting
If it's a Fender, some parts' shape are wrong, especially the bridge and head. Anyway nice job you did!

10 October 2009
Not perfect... Just not visible...

Hehhe... I'm just trying to be modest...

10 October 2009
Originally Posted by PI3c3: The litghing was quiet easy

Unfortunately i can see that. You should have payed more attention to the black part of the guitar body, some parts of it almost blend with the background.

10 October 2009
Problems with the shape? Gash...

Would you specify these problem a little bit more? I would like to know... Maybe I will correct them later...

Thank you!

10 October 2009
Originally Posted by ThirdEye: Unfortunately i can see that. You should have payed more attention to the black part of the guitar body, some parts of it almost blend with the background.

Maybe... But it mostly depends on the monitor you are watching it...

But anyway I didn't payed much attention to that places, as there is nothing there just the shape of the body... I'm tried to attract attention to the inlays, motives and the hardware of the guitar...

Of course at the last 2 picture I've made a craggy lighting, for the body and for the whole shape of the guitar...

10 October 2009
Originally Posted by PI3c3: Problems with the shape? Gash...

Would you specify these problem a little bit more? I would like to know... Maybe I will correct them later...

Thank you!

Your fender looks like mostlly as ‘70s Stratocaster with big head and bullet truss rod adjustment nut, and your guitar bridge and pick-board is too round. Many details you can correct if you know much enough about a Fender.
Here it is: http://www.fender.com/products//sea...rtno=0137002306
Good Luck!

Last edited by ecore : 10 October 2009 at 10:14 AM.

10 October 2009
Originally Posted by ecore: Your fender looks like mostlly as ‘70s Stratocaster with big head and bullet truss rod adjustment nut, and your guitar bridge and pick-board is too round. Many details you can correct if you know much enough about a Fender.
Here it is: http://www.fender.com/products//sea...rtno=0137002306
Good Luck!

Hehhe... This was the modell I used for reference. Hmmm... As it's a custom guitar with custom pickguard and custom bridge, leave this freedom for me...

Darn... I have found 2-3 things now that is different between the rendered and real one... First is the bridge curve, the second is on the head... Not great mistakes, but if you now more about Fenders you can notice them, as you noticed them too.

Thank You anyway... Now I know, it's not perfect and I may have to change a few things on it... =)

Last edited by PI3c3 : 10 October 2009 at 12:56 PM.

Thread Closed share thread