Marine Machine Plankton, Qiwei Liang (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2009
Marine Machine Plankton, Qiwei Liang (3D)

Title: Marine Machine Plankton
Name: Qiwei Liang
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, Rhino, VRay

This is a concept design. These days I am interested in the appearance of marine plankton and want to present their luminescence and transparency in a steampunk way. But I don't want to make it soft, so it may also look like a nautilus.
90% was modelled in rhino and some polygons in 3dmax. Vray for rendering and photoshop for post work.

08 August 2009
Beautiful work! I like the concept and the way you worked out the mechanization of a somewhat amorphous organism. The colors and composition are really strong. I think you captured the luminescent quality of the organism very well. The depth and underwater feeling are very convincing. Nothing really to critique. Is the background a composite or is the entire scene modeled? Let us see a higher res. version.

08 August 2009
Great work! How did u do the plankton?

08 August 2009
Smile

Originally Posted by thearchitect: Beautiful work! I like the concept and the way you worked out the mechanization of a somewhat amorphous organism. The colors and composition are really strong. I think you captured the luminescent quality of the organism very well. The depth and underwater feeling are very convincing. Nothing really to critique. Is the background a composite or is the entire scene modeled? Let us see a higher res. version.

I am happy you like it! I am also in architecture area.
The background is made from several different underwater photos, the one with relic is used as background, and I also use some as mask upon the model, which is also important to create the atmosphere.

08 August 2009
Originally Posted by Krodil: Great work! How did u do the plankton?

I used rhino to build most of the gears & shells, but I used 3dmax to build some joints and connections.

08 August 2009
another rendering.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1small.jpg (73.8 KB, 13 views)

08 August 2009
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread