Demon Awakens - Real time rendering by Hypershot, Cheong Hoe Yi (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2009   #1
Demon Awakens - Real time rendering by Hypershot, Cheong Hoe Yi (3D)

Title: Demon Awakens - Real time rendering by Hypershot
Name: Cheong Hoe Yi
Software: Maya, ZBrush

Greeting cgtalkers, here is my latest's non-commercial works.
Gonna sharing with you guys what I enjoying for this real-time rendered pieces.

First I'm gonna credited Bunkspeed's Hypershot real-time render engine here. More information: http://www.bunkspeed.com/hypershot/
Few days ago I downloaded a free 15days trial version from Bunkspeed, so what you guys seeing aboved all just Hypershot's real-time screen shots.
( free trial version: unable to final render)

Rendering speed was awesome for me! Their slogan: Productivity is immediate. Learning is just minutes. It's real time, real fast.
My rendering aboved was tooking me around 6 to 10 minutes by my 3yrs OLD pc.(Core2duo 2.13Ghz, 2GBram, 7600GTgeforce)
No photoshop touch up at all, all is real time GI and DOF.I'm sure you will got faster rendering speed if using recent's brand new CPUs.

Making,
The demon was created by maya & zbrush. After zbrush's decimation for all objects is around 24million polys.
Export as obj and open it in Hypershot, get a preset studio-lighting from Hypershot, play around the preset shaders.
Then you might to see yours result on the spot. It's REAL TIME~!

Here is my recorded result for the realtime rendering.

Other pieces for DOF's result. Enjoy~!

Old 06 June 2009   #2
WOW, amazing rendering: seems like a photo!

I really like this character, congratis.

Old 06 June 2009   #3
Here is my recorded result for the realtime rendering.

Other pieces for DOF's result. Enjoy~!

Old 06 June 2009   #4
i dont really understand what u are saying. u are talking about real time rendering jet u are posting stages of your render. 6min is hardly real time and for such a simple scene u can get really god if not better results faster in other render engines.

As far as i have researched the real time rendering, there are apps that do it really good, specially for the automotive industry, but most of it works on pre-baked solutions that still require rendering.

ps: no offense if i am wrong, but this sounds to me like some secret advertising, cause the company name appears just to often in your post.

Last edited by luxi : 06 June 2009 at 11:37 AM.

Old 06 June 2009   #5
cool work, i like it the detalis an this modeling & very good textures by the stone ok,

good lcuk 4 ever

Old 06 June 2009   #6
Originally Posted by luxi: i dont really understand what u are saying. u are talking about real time rendering jet u are posting stages of your render. 6min is hardly real time and for such a simple scene u can get really god if not better results faster in other render engines.

As far as i have researched the real time rendering, there are apps that do it really good, specially for the automotive industry, but most of it works on pre-baked solutions that still require rendering.

ps: no offense if i am wrong, but this sounds to me like some secret advertising, cause the company name appears just to often in your post.

Thanks for comments here. Before I created this thread, I really felt like what you said :Isn't I m making secret advertising?. If that is true, meaning I helping Zbrush & maya too. LOL!
Well, cgtalk apps didnt list by "hypershot", so I m gonna explained it. If my explanation is not clear, cgtalk's moderator wont allowed this artwork post on cg galleries here. It's all about sharing from what I enjoying on my work. If that is good or suit for someone, why not keep sharing here?
I m not sure more about real-time rendering,I just a normal 3D artist!

Old 06 June 2009   #7
Nice model.

Old 06 June 2009   #8
as said before, if that is true and u are just sharing your knowledge, which is really great, please accept my apologies.

I am just sensitive about this advertising spam that i see so often on forums and is getting ever more subtle.

Not to just critic you... your model looks really good, and the render look good too. Still am not sure about the real time thing, i should read more about it on their web page. And the decimation works even for the close-up, but u did maintain a pretty high poly-count.

Old 06 June 2009   #9
VERY dood

oh,my guy! i really like it very much,you are a greet job man

Old 06 June 2009   #10
Originally Posted by luxi: as said before, if that is true and u are just sharing your knowledge, which is really great, please accept my apologies.

I am just sensitive about this advertising spam that i see so often on forums and is getting ever more subtle.

Not to just critic you... your model looks really good, and the render look good too. Still am not sure about the real time thing, i should read more about it on their web page. And the decimation works even for the close-up, but u did maintain a pretty high poly-count.

Yo, this is no harm man.You no need to apologies, we just sharing opinions.
Really thanks of million to you too. Honestly, we should feel proud if any CG app company finding us to adv them. Coz sharing always the caring too.

Old 06 June 2009   #11
This is crazy and vcool

Old 06 June 2009   #12
very fine work

Old 06 June 2009   #13
this is awesome!
great works!

Old 06 June 2009   #14
always good to see a fellow msian posting top notch cg work here. keep it up! do check out my stuff too and drop me a comment or two if u have the time.

3D CG Blog at http://kenimate.blogspot.com/

Old 06 June 2009   #15
nice job done and nice creature
Faceboo Page:-
https://www.facebook.com/TheArtOfArunNagar

Thread Closed share thread