The Subversion of Capitalism, Ian Spriggs (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2009
Great piece Ian! Very dynamic and the emotions come out quite strong and clear

The lack of motion blur does not bother me as I think the style you are going for does not require it. In fact this lack of motion blur adds a painting like quality to it. This piece definitely deserves the award, even more so for its relevance.

-Sachin

Last edited by noizFACTORY : 05 May 2009 at 03:27 AM. Reason: typos

05 May 2009
If the fat cats couldn't see this coming, I'd say the price of an eye is about right. Great job.

05 May 2009
Thumbs up great

wow great! th concept is funny.I like it,haha

05 May 2009
Angry

is smth wrong with the doors ? it looks like they're too flat at the texture sits wrong (in terms of perspective, it just looks odd to me);
the texture on the steps (yeah, those letters) is mirrored in the wrong way (beleave me, i speak russian too (: ;
dont like the cloth with almost the same shader everywhere and almost no folds on the middle guy at all, he's kinda pumped with air ;
capitalist's face impression is what i really like;

im not chewin the fat rag, and yes, im sure theres much work done, but imho this piece is far from deserving 5*.

05 May 2009
Awesome. Took a look at your portfolio - lots of cool dynamic scenes with people, almost like old masters' paintings.

Only thing that bothers me is somewhat harsh shading skin has.

05 May 2009
Everything seems to look correct. Except for the flipped graffiti on the stair risers in Russian: "We Soviet people wish for the peace!"

05 May 2009
It looks Great

This post by dave247 may contain offensive material. Click here to view it.

05 May 2009
Thanks for pointing that out, this is something I'm going to have to fix. I honestly did not expect that people were going to be able to read it anyway.

Originally Posted by organnah: Everything seems to look correct. Except for the flipped graffiti on the stair risers in Russian: "We Soviet people wish for the peace!"

05 May 2009
I quite like this.

05 May 2009
Originally Posted by dave247: stupid f***ing people... that image disgusts me.

Ehr.. excuse me.. why?

05 May 2009
nice work
great rendering, textures
nice expressions

05 May 2009
lol. I want one, isn't funny how the conservative is still isn't in all that bad a shape with three guys trying to bring him down.

05 May 2009
Excellent image. The lighting is great. The only thing is the two guys on the right, I don't like their eyes looking directly at the camera and the ground could use a few grunge elements like pebbles or some garbage etc. but a very pleasing image overall.

05 May 2009
My only crit would be that you haven't accurately captured Obama's likeness very well.

I kid, I kid.

Thread Closed share thread