passage through the old shrine, mohamadtaghi aibaghi esfehani (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2009
I really want to say congratulations for your skills in texture painting. The atmosphere and characters are nicely done. But I'm agree with people below about character feeling.
After all. Perfect job!
Best wishes:
Alireza

My Portfolio

My DWIV wip

05 May 2009
Smile thanks

thanks for ur kind words every one, yeah I could have done it a lot better than this as far as the poses and the expretions. but i decided not to spend any more time on this piece.
thank you anyways...
best regards ,
sohrab esfehani.

05 May 2009
very good gob i like it the modeling i feel im an same movie wonderful work,
tell me why u not work animation by this modeling ??????

good luck 4 ever

05 May 2009
very nice work! i like the modeling, lighting and the detail!
i agree with the others though, the characters could be a bit more relaxed.
Keep up the good work!

05 May 2009
Nice, but everything is too dry, the hair of the man is too fluffy. You may add some bouncing rain drops, more specularity on the bodies and the stones, more wetness. Also the composition is a little confusing for me...
The modeling and texturing are top-noch

05 May 2009
very good work...

05 May 2009
amazing quality
Looks like screenshot from full motion video

05 May 2009
Thumbs up

lightning, modelling..good work..one little thing- Work on the expression on their faces..it s like their doing yoga or something..they are too relaxed..a lil bit more scary por favor!!..in rest..good work!

05 May 2009
as many already mentioned, good modeling, good light, good atomsphere. and as many said, work on the expressions.

In fact, I'd like to suggest work on the poses and think your image from another perspective:

1. are you trying to tell a story?
2. if you are, what's this moment of the story?
3. How's the composition and poses helping telling the story?

When i first look at the image, i thought the main character is talking to a group of monsters. I didn't feel enough action going on or coming up because of their standing poses. Everyone is just standing there, their muscles are relaxed. Then i noticed the sword in his hand, which confuses me. If they are standing and talking, there should be no sword (sword = fight/kill), yet if they are about to fight, well, none of them with those poses are ready for blood.

I noticed that you mentioned you didn't want to spend more time on it so you called it off. Personally i would cut one monster or two, and spend more time on putting the characters together with more dynamic interaction. You were that close to win a choice award...
my old rusty two cents.

Last edited by JackZhang : 05 May 2009 at 05:42 PM.

05 May 2009
Smile yeap, lol

Wow, thanks every one for ur nice words, compliments, and critics.
Im thrilled, thanks Mr. Jack Zhang
1. as I mentioned befor I admit the fact that more dynamic poses can add more tention thus making the picture more atractive and scary, in fact I should have done it this way.

2. When I look back I think I was kinda inspired by one of " The Lord Of The Rings "plans in which, Aragon goes inside a cave to talk with a ghost army or something, and he is holding his sword along with a torch, he is not affraid at all, and just wants to convince them to join him for a battle.

however, this doesnt deny the fact that more dynamic poses would definitly make it look way much better.

best regards,
sohrab esfehani.
P.s. check out my portfolio for some z-snapshots and other stuff.

05 May 2009
I'm speechless..

My Deviantart
My Showreel

05 May 2009
gosh, please no thing. feel so weird.

actually, with your explain of your attemptation, it does feels like A in the cave to me. Thank you so much for letting me releasing my narrow vision. Now you are getting even closer to a choice award imo.

I'm very bad at names and forum names, but now as you mentioned your portfolio, yah, I do know you. I recognize you from this work
http://minastris.cgsociety.org/gallery/676091/
great zb works you got there. I simply can't do those. my turn to

05 May 2009
Thumbs up thanks again

thanks again master Jack Zhang.

keep rocking.

05 May 2009
Smile

Awesome image, Dude! The lightning work are fantastic, and the characters looks really well composed. Congratulations for another great scene

05 May 2009
Damn ! Man ! This is AWESOME !
Oh I love the character in the left side ! Man i love those trees !!!
There is such a shrine around Zavvare i took some pictures ! People in there said to me it was for zoroastrian people many years ago ! it was exactly like what you make here ...
Dude you've done a great job ...

All the best .

Last edited by EhsanD : 05 May 2009 at 07:56 PM.

Thread Closed share thread