Stall, Fredi Voss (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2009   #46
Thumbs up

nice work.

Old 05 May 2009   #47
Originally Posted by Roadrunner4D: But there is a photo in the back, isn't it? Can you please show the photo without the 3d elements?

I don't know, why everyone think this is outstanding? Okay, if there isnt a photo in tha back, then it is quiet outstanding...

Hi Daniel,
look at the wireframe i posted before,and youŽll see,that this image is not only a photograph.I created the room by meshes according to the real geometrie of the image i took . The objects i added can be indentified as well. Some small details and the extra-textures you canŽt find on the wires, of course.

Old 05 May 2009   #48
Originally Posted by Fredivoss: Hi Daniel,
look at the wireframe i posted before,and youŽll see,that this image is not only a photograph.I created the room by meshes according to the real geometrie of the image i took . The objects i added can be indentified as well. Some small details and the extra-textures you canŽt find on the wires, of course.

I know, that it's not only a photograph, but I would like to see the untouched photograph u used.

Old 05 May 2009   #49
So the props are the only CG?

Old 05 May 2009   #50
Hi,

nice work, but I am not sure, it looks like more composited work than the 3D. Your wire is off on some main part of scene, only small objects which are lower quality than whole scene match the wire. For example the whole walls are off and on the wire the window on the right side of the picture is missing, a bit weird.

Can you show the raw render, and can you show the maps for floor?

Edit - can you show the complete wire? You said that some details were added later, so can I see the wire of complete scene?

Stan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 38782_1241343696_largeB.jpg (91.0 KB, 202 views)

Last edited by SlayerCZ : 05 May 2009 at 05:49 PM.

Old 05 May 2009   #51
ausgeseichnet!

My only crit (other than the fact it is perfect) - I wonder if there should be some volumetric light for all the dust floating in the air?

Old 05 May 2009   #52
@SlayerCZ,
yeah I also wanted to say. I think he use alots displacement, if I know. I hope he will answer.

I think you are right, he use photo and 3d compositing.

kkm

Old 05 May 2009   #53
Nice work.

A lot of people love to find the tiniest of faults with peoples work here.....

I don't see the problem if its half composited and 3d mixed.....
SO WHAT?

Oh no he's using camera mapping!

Great stuff.

turner

Old 05 May 2009   #54
As i wrote before: This image is a kind of 3d-compositing. I took this kind of image for such a usage. As i wrote also: some things were edited,replaced or located different at the end of the journey. The Mesh of the walls had only in places were an interaction with the added objects is happening just on point to get the requested result. And yes. I used a lot of displacement and some other stuff...

But iŽm definitely not showing all of my settings and details for a complete phorensic examination ,here IŽll do something different: writing a tut here about things like that.I think that would solve a lot of answers .

Old 05 May 2009   #55
Thanks for answer, but I am affraid that things are worse than before. Even with displacement you canŽt reach this geometry on the wall, because your base shapes for walls are totally off and displacement canŽt solve this. Where is you window on the right? Displacement? Where is your base geometry for ceiling? The floor base geometry is off too.

You donŽt have to show your settings, nobody asked you for settings, I only asked if I can see a wire of rendered scene with all things which you added later as you wrote, just latest wire. You can show a different rendered angle of course to avoid doubts about using camera mapping. You can show the floor texture in low res with big watermark. You can show your raw render too! This stuff is nothing what can show your secrets, only wire, different angle, textures and etc..

Thanks in advance.

Stan

Last edited by SlayerCZ : 05 May 2009 at 09:01 AM.

Old 05 May 2009   #56
No pleasing some people.

turner

Old 05 May 2009   #57
Ok here is a top view of my scene.Btw. the window on the right was not modelled,because i did not need it for my probs. As you can see i recreated the room and used frontal mapped textured on the one hand and normal textured mapped onto the the 3d-mesh of the walls and the extraprobs as well. The reason,why the meshwire looks different in some cases is very simple: because of the displacement i used for some textures,the final postition would be different because of the deformation.So i had to adjust it in order to avoid letting object flowing under the surface .As i wrote before: for this image i checked out,which area is important for the interaction with my added probs.Some i had to go more into detail here.The screenshot gives a little impression of the textures and extra-probs i used. This image is an exercise of merging 2d and 3d elements,which we call composing Btw: some meshes of the room i removed later on, because they were not in contact with other objects,so they would not effect on the hole image.
When you check out my other images in this gallery,youŽll see that iŽm able to go the way of extrem-mesh-massacre ,as well But that was not my aim here .

@slayer: wonderfull charakter-renderings you have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen.jpg (90.1 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by Fredivoss : 05 May 2009 at 09:42 AM.

Old 05 May 2009   #58
Ok, no problem, but is always good to say what is photo and what 3D at the begining, because lot of artist immediately see what is 2D and 3D, these tricks couldnŽt be hide. I think that these works should be placed in separate section, because artist uses more and more photos than the 3D in their works and they are more composited than pure 3D.

Hope I didnŽt hurt you

Thanks, I am glad you like my work.

Best Luck
Stan

Old 05 May 2009   #59
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread