Akira - The Legend Comes Alive Poster, Harrell Erik Wong (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2009   #31
Hey!

I like it! I could use more rust and a more "run down" neotokyo feel. But apart from that, great work.
4 Stars!

Old 04 April 2009   #32
Definitely agreed on the environment. If that was closer to the film, maybe add some familiar scene elements, the whole thing would come together as pure Akira. It is still unreal, but to finish it in such a way with a bit of grime thrown in would just be sweet.

Anyone else think that if they animate Akira in CG (one day... Animatrix style or something, to go with the upcoming film) it should be done matching the mouth movements and timings precisely to the feel of those in the orginal? I'm just dying to see how such beautiful work would translate into CG, when the effort is put in to make it just right. Perhaps even like the animation in Ryan - slightly stylised reality?

Nice work.

Old 04 April 2009   #33
The bike looks cool but the main character pose is not.

Also the image has the same level of detail from top to bottom. A touch of atmospheric perspective would give alot more drama.

the pose of the character needs work, he might as well not be in the picture.

Old 04 April 2009   #34
Originally Posted by flytothesky: I'm so sorry...i'm still fresh here, I don't understand.....what did you mean "why you can only give out 5 star ratings to this thread?"?

no need to apologize you have no fault in this. I don't know what's happening on cgtalk right now but when i wish to rate a thread(any thread not just this one), i can only rate it with 5 stars. The 1 2 3 and 4 options don't show up. But this has nothing to do with your work which is again....very very nice. I was only pointing this out so maybe a mod can explain what's happening.

Old 04 April 2009   #35
there will no longer be anything other than 5 stars. the rating will work differently now. not by perception of quality but rather if its worth checking out or not. so if you think something is worth checking out then make it 5 stars ( or thumbs up which it might change to ).

Old 04 April 2009   #36
This looks great! Great job!

Old 04 April 2009   #37
http://www.bbakira.co.uk/merchandis...chanixfront.jpg

Old 04 April 2009   #38
Really Nice work... but I think composition would have been better, if you give the Man a little space off the bike...

But thats only my point of view

Really Coool work though

Old 04 April 2009   #39
Outstanding Job! Love this...

Old 04 April 2009   #40
Please.....

Originally Posted by ambient-whisper: great work man, plugged!

Hi Ambient Whisper,
I just uploaded few new Akira work with new character added in the oexisting thread. I don't know whether you will allow it? I do that because I want the visitor find the updated new works easily rather then searching around inside the thread. Thanks!

Old 04 April 2009   #41
i dont know how you are uploading them but if you use the cgtalk setup then i think it forces you to use the cgportfolio unfortunately, which means that you need a separate thread for every picture. but..... if you have your own URL, or a place to host the images then you can link those images to the first post of this thread, or wherever you want in the thread.

Old 04 April 2009   #42
Great work, man ...
The background is too sterilized I think .. but it's only my opinion

Keep up the good work!

Old 04 April 2009   #43
Nice.

Makes me with the upcoming live action move was more in-line with the anime like your illo is.

-k

Creature Academy Kickstarter: http://tinyurl.com/93rxf7s

and

personal: http://frogchildren.com/Samples.htm

Old 04 April 2009   #44
I just update the thread....now still waiting the new amended images with Kaneda to be uploaded. Sorry for waiting....

Old 04 April 2009   #45
Kaneda and new neo-tokyo scene

Hi,
Here's the main character "Kaneda" and amended Akira scene renderings with added dirts, scratches and dof.
Thanks

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...655#post5830655

Thread Closed share thread