Aayla Secura, Vincent Joyau (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2008
Aayla Secura, Vincent Joyau (3D)

Title: Aayla Secura
Name: Vincent Joyau
Software: Photoshop, VRay, XSI, ZBrush

This is my rendition of the Jedi Knight Aayla Secura from Star Wars (episodes II and III). I really liked the pose she was pictured in on the Star Wars : Rite of Passage comic book cover (Dark Horse) so I used it as a base pose and modified it to fit my needs.
This is an actual Game resolution model, about 8 000 triangles, 1*2048 (body) +1*1024 (face and lekkus) + 1*512 (lightsaber) per pass.
Rendered in Vray

10 October 2008
Thumbs up

Beautiful stuff here, think you could toss up some wireframes and a shot in hardware view?

10 October 2008
Great work of a great character

This really is a very well executed piece. The sense of detail is extremely nice with your texture work and material editing. For a low poly model (it is funny to say that nowadays when 8k tris was mind blowing to think of years ago) you can barely notice it at all. The face is simply beautiful and the skin tones and specular values really add to the sense of realism. It would have been nice to have see the full body in this final piece. I'm typically not a fan of cropping off body parts unless absolutely necessary. That just my p.o. The lights create a very celestial mood. I really like the pose although it feels very close to a bind pose (aside from the head turn), the rest of the piece brings it all to life. Her waist area seems a bit off, like the gesture doesn't correlate with her anatomy. What I am referring to is the right side of her waist is very curved and arched as you see some of her back side and some slight twisting, but the contour on the left side just doesn't seem to behave the way it should. It may be that her legs are angled down towards the right end of the composition and not in any real pose, or I could just be losing my mind. In another aspect of the structure and anatomy I just feel like the fingers don't seem very feminine. They're very masculine and think. The hands work, but maybe if there was some more bone structure and tension to slim them down would add to the feminine factor in addition to slimming down the fingers. This was a real pleasure to look at. Great work. 5*

10 October 2008
Nice work, I like to see other SW characters other than the usual ones.

10 October 2008
this is a beautiful Game model, the pose is elegant, all the composition is elegant ... (beaucoup de finesse dans ton travail ...)
5*

10 October 2008
Very...very impressive! 5 stars for me.

10 October 2008
Why isnt' this top row?

Incredible work mate! 5* all the way!

You could perhaps get rid of the mirror/symmetry effect in the flowy strap bits

10 October 2008
Wooow that's incredible. Just love it. Send it to Lucas!

10 October 2008
Exellent work as usual man 5* for me !

(tu me préviens quand t'es engagé hein )

10 October 2008
wicked dude. may the force be with you.

10 October 2008
wow amazing 5 stars

My Website
My Blog
DeviantArt

10 October 2008
great work!

10 October 2008
Simply great!

...and my new wallpaper.

Congrats mate

Victor

10 October 2008
woww beautiful indeed..

if you didnt mention it being low poly i wouldn't have noticed!

as i am doing my own low poly star wars character, i would really appreciate to have a look at how you did the textures and lightsaber especially

great stuff again, congratulations

~cheers,
andrew

10 October 2008
very nice work, and the fact that it is only 8k tris is very impressive. Id like to c a wireframe if possible to c the poly placement. good use of lighting and texturing as well 5*

Thread Closed share thread