Forest Refuge, Alex Roman (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2007
Forest Refuge, Alex Roman (3D)

Title: Forest Refuge
Name: Alex Roman
Software: VRay

Hello there! :)

No posting for ages! Well, i would like to share my last personal work. It's a Satoshi Okada project called "Forest Refuge". My project (cg) itself has a several of POV showing three different time of a day (or weather).
I liked the idea since long time ago. It shows a truly sense of the art of architecture with the surrounding enviroment. In fact it has been a botanic exercise for me...

And now, some tech spec:

3DsMax, Vray (1.5), AE and Onyxtree (i'm in love with it BTW...)

Of course (as always) C&C are warmly welcome...

Of course (as always) C&C are warmly welcome... :P

Some latests words:

"Nature cannot be made by a human being." The definition of nature has been a truth since the ancient Greek philosophy, and even in Japan...
...naturata is represented as a black building itself built up from the ground. The blackness is ascribed to the lava in the memory of the site, which Mt. Fuji used to be an active volcano in the ancient times...
..."black on black" requires a delicate sense for feeling nature, trivial transformations of shadows on the black screen... Satoshi Okada

12 December 2007
.... Ok ..... I'm Speechless ...... sin palabras Alex , excelente, 5 starts for sure !!! keep the good work

12 December 2007
oh-my-god... That's amazing!
It has that 'old' photography feel over it, and I mean that as a compliment!

Two minor things; at the closer-ups on the grass, it's all stiff upwards. And on one render tree-branch connection is a bit 'hard'. But as I said,.. these are really minor things.

The depth of field is perfect!
I love it!

Last edited by Beeronimo : 12 December 2007 at 11:35 PM.

12 December 2007
I'm confused. Where is the 3d?!

12 December 2007
looking like a photo... (:
realy great work..can you send any wire frame ? 4.5 ~ 5 ***** from me

12 December 2007
simple great 5* from me...

12 December 2007
Those are stunning! I'm especially drawn to your close-up renders of the foilage. Wonderful work on these.

12 December 2007
excellent work!

12 December 2007
.. Is.. That.. 3d? OMG dude, thats sick. what a great feel of realisme. So nice. The shots with the dof i like the most. 10 stars, and of course a top row if you ask me. Inpresive man !!

Only at picture 5 its strange how the tree branches connected at the left side of the picture.. of am i confused with reality now? Oef !!

12 December 2007
there are a couple things that catch my eye...but I have to work real hard to catch them which I consider a good thing -they are terrific.

The small tree without leaves near the building kind of distracting in the first two views, the hard shadow line in the foreground on the second image that looks like it should be treetops, and the branching previously mentioned. The mood of all the views also feels like an interior to me, like the world ends outside that first line of trees at the edge of the clearing.

All things considered though I just wish you'd stop, so the rest of us don't feel so bad.

12 December 2007
wow, great povs, love the trees and the wonderful green of it all.

12 December 2007
now, this is... incredible... I believe this is BY FAR the most photo-realistic render I have ever seen in my goddamn life! Not only that, there's this... poetic beauty in every single frame.
the stillness, the peace, the "smell" of green!
felicitaciones, alex, realmente se nota la dedicación y la minuciosidad de los detalles en todos los aspectos de la imagen.

12 December 2007
speechless

speechless... the limit of 5 stars here is not enough... the last 2 night shots really catch the mood. i think you brought each tool you used to its highest level. an artpiece.

12 December 2007
Thumbs up Wow

I even don't dare to give any comment about this work..

It's a stunning excellent work.. 7*

12 December 2007
Thumbs up

Nice and inspiring work!
loved the DOF and shots,very well executed
Good luck

Modern bedroom

Bench seating
Kitchen

Thread Closed share thread