Subaru Impreza WRX STI 2008 concept, Lars Mårtensson (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2007
wow, really good work. love it, 5 stars.

06 June 2007
Well done

Impressive.

I'm disappointed that Subaru has decided it's hatchbacks from here on out. My other half owns a sexy black 2006 STI, and it's a damn shame they're abandoning that template. Your concept is all sleek and muscular up front, but the back end makes it look like it's tucking its butt underneath to run away from a less retarded-looking car.

Please note, I'm not criticizing you or your art, I'm just not keen on Subaru's new design. I drive a 2004 VW GTI, which is a hatchback, but it looks right as a hatchback. I don't think the STI does.

06 June 2007
Here´s a wire rendering

The carpaint are 2 blended vraymaterials with different falloff and the lighting is a HDRimage.

06 June 2007
That's awesome work, GRID. I'm impressed. I came here from a ClubWRX thread about it. I think I'm not the only one on our forum who would love a hi-res version for a desktop wallpaper. Any way you could hook us up?

06 June 2007
Thumbs up

Great job! Love what you did to it... especially the tail lights. I don't like the clear, sharp-cut lights on the real car. Nice wires too. Looks very clean.

06 June 2007
Originally Posted by kevlarcupid: That's awesome work, GRID. I'm impressed. I came here from a ClubWRX thread about it. I think I'm not the only one on our forum who would love a hi-res version for a desktop wallpaper. Any way you could hook us up?

I agree, but I want the wireframe one, or atleast a fade. Maya doesn't let you do cool wireframe stuff like that. That is awesome.

06 June 2007
I have no intention to criticize your beautiful beautiful work.

Excellent design and modeling job!

I am one of those that are weeping at the site of Subaru going hatchback for the next WRX... WRX fans like myself believe it's like making GT-R into a minivan...

In order to illustrate this point. I did a quick photochop to show how your design would look so much better in sedan form...

I did this in like 5 min. So, the proportion is all messed up and not very polished. But, I think you get the point.

Please forgive me for using your image without permission.

Maybe you can come up with a Sedan version and show Subaru what true WRX should look like?

Last edited by Torokun : 06 June 2007 at 01:14 AM.

06 June 2007
Pretty nice photochop for a quicky

06 June 2007
sweet

I love your render, the textures are great and the design is beautiful! I do have one thing to say as I was directed here from the WRXAtlanta.com forums. Subaru has only once made a 2 door STi, it was the limited production run 22b to celebrate winning the WRC. Subaru has said, and has shown that they will no longer make a 2 door car. I love your model, however it seems too short, a 4 door hatch similar to the 2008 model in with your design would look amazing! similar to the photochop that torokun posted. I would love to see one, and I 2nd the request to have a high rez desktop background. Your rendering looks simply amazing!

07 July 2007
Thx for the comments, i agree partly on the hatchback, but i dont mind driving small cars, and i think if it can help them in wrc it´s good

Subaru have made more 2door versions, TypeR and the STIs in the 90s i think.

07 July 2007
first of all I do not usually rate cars but this one is really really cool. I like everything in the shot ! keep up the good work

Torokun vbmenu_register("postmenu_4479785", true); your modification was really cool !

07 July 2007
great job. I just have to say that i would pay money to have you working for the subaru design team.

11 November 2007
Thumbs up Wow

Thats freaking sweet man. You really should send that to subaru. The real 2008 model looks horrible. I would drop 30k easily if it looked like that.

11 November 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread