Quai des Nations - Exposition Universelle Paris 1900, laurent antoine lemog (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2007
Quai des Nations - Exposition Universelle Paris 1900, laurent antoine lemog (3D)

Title: Quai des Nations - Exposition Universelle Paris 1900
Name: laurent antoine lemog
Software: Maya, Photoshop

In first, I want to say thanks to all the people around, all girls and guys who follow my project on CgTalk since 1 year *

I can assure you that's an incredible motivation for me all along the 142 pages of this WIP thread, in this madness project of 3f reconstruction of Paris 1900 World's Fair.
The final goal is not totally clear, I've much time, but certainly one or many documentaries, if I can, and why not at the end, a book.

Of course, it remain me much work, because I've estimated it between 5 or 6 years of work... and only on my spare time.
It's far to be finish, but I've cutted the fair in many large parts, and the first one is done after this first year of work.

This first part is the most famous section of this event, a long range of 15 nation's pavilions... along the River Seine at Paris, between the Invalide's bridge and Alma's bridge.

To celebrate this first "end", I've decided to do a large picture or the 15 pavilion's panorama...

The picture in 4800 pixels :
http://lemog.club.fr/lemog_expo_v1/albums/reconstruction/wip/artworks/posters/pano_4800.jpg

02 February 2007
I had to open the high rez image in order to see the real beauty of it. Great job. Love it. *****

Last edited by vlad74 : 02 February 2007 at 02:17 AM.

02 February 2007
Thumbs up

5 Stars from me cause I know what are you talking about but for new people please big highres will be welcome!

02 February 2007
Wow. Great work. Good to see it coming to a close!

02 February 2007
1 year of spare time project, 5 still to plan ! it's an insane project Laurent, but it's pay up !
be sure if you realise a book, i'll be one of people who buy it ! your 5 stars are deserved !
totally crazy !

Cheers friend !

02 February 2007
You are a freakin' machine Lemog. Your dedication to this project is astounding.

02 February 2007
Congrats!

Your work is priceless. It's a true historical treasure. French government should pay attention to it. Really really great job!!! Keep up the amazing researching work.

02 February 2007
I've been following your thread for a long time and cannot believe the patience and dedication! Bravo and looking forward to more

02 February 2007
congratulations lemog, beautifull work. great passion and patience. great to see your huge project comming out beautifull.
one thing i always wanted to thank you about is sharing your texture library, one i always refere to, since years ago.
congrats

02 February 2007
Massive hugs for you. You're just about the most inspiring person I've ever 'met'.

Cheers!

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Last edited by Rebeccak : 02 February 2007 at 01:03 AM.

02 February 2007
Looks great! Though, I wish the people where in it...I got used to them. Awesome job!

02 February 2007
Been floowing this good to see a result. Liked all of the pavillions. Thsi is probably a godo idea for a flythru animation ot see all the great work.

02 February 2007
Hey man, congrats on finishing and a well-deserved front page!

02 February 2007
Such a big project, grats on the finish. Can just start to grasp the size in the 4800 pixel version

02 February 2007
great to see stage one finished,the dedication you've shown is a true inspiration

Cheers!

Thread Closed share thread