Stages of light, Jesus Selvera (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2006   #46
Unbelievable!
Incredible!
5 Stars!

Old 12 December 2006   #47
Hi. Very nice piece. I like the detailed textures alot. The ground with stones is just wicked nice. Is it pure displacement in the ground or did you model it? The yellow lit picture is the best I think. very nice.

But I dont like the horizon. it looks like its positioned to high in the picture, and it makes the picture tilt inward in the picture.. atleast thats what I see.

Anyways. 4 stars here=) Keep it up!

Old 12 December 2006   #48
WOw !!

Looks real !

OVer 5 !

Zupi Portal (eng)
www.drsketchy.com/
SketchySP
eduardo.janiszewski@gmail.com

Old 12 December 2006   #49
just waked up, and was on frontpage !!
thnaks a lot for the critics and commentaries.
the scene only have one light(direct light) from max whit vray shadows and the enviroment is a single plain color but whit high multiplier so it works a bit like hdr.
the night scene the light is color blue and the envirment too the background is added in photoshop after the render.

the horizont line... yes it looks a bit high but it looked like that in some references i used
but i agreee it may look rare

Old 12 December 2006   #50
congrats to frontpage Mr Zuliban..

Old 12 December 2006   #51
W.O_O.w
Really really great job.
good luck.

Hamed katebi

- -My Blog - -

Old 12 December 2006   #52
Ya dude, that's what I'm talkin about! On top of having mad skills, all your pieces are quite original, always bringing something new to the mix. Lets see that overcast/rainy day huh huh? Congrats on front page, you deserve it, lots hard work put in there and it shows. Looking forward to your next piece. (character?)

cheers
pierre

www.pierrebourgeot.com

Follow the null and you will find the answer...

Old 12 December 2006   #53
5 stars for sure---i think this is a very well done vignette!

My only crit, is that the east facing wall in the sunset shot, is a little too blue...i am guessing you are simulating the moonrise---if so, i am not sure it would give off so much blue light, that is until it get darker.

other than that, very very well done!

Old 12 December 2006   #54
Wonderful images. It's an almost insane amount of detail but the result is well worth the work. Superb.

My comments that follow therefore are only nitpicking, so you can gladly disregard them if you want to.

The first thing would be the edges. These seem too sharp and too perfect in contrast to the overal scenery with the old and almost rotten building. Some shape jittering on the objects in general may result in some intereting and perhaps even more natural effects if kept subtle.

One thing you could do in Photoshop would be to add some minimal gaussian blur and some grain to lessen the too clean impression of the rendering.

Some dirt on the street in the foreground may add some nice little touche to the image and would reflect the state of the building.

And one last thing I spotted now: is it possible that the lightning direction of the background image doesn't fit with the foreground? I constantly get the feeling that the sun in the background image is behind the viewer not on the left side.

Nevertheless great work. Keep it up. I'd be happy if I could go that far.

Old 12 December 2006   #55
BlackNull- hey pierre thx man , yes the next thing will be a character like i promised
dutchtilt-thanks, good point
Cronos-thx will look for this in next enviroment

Old 12 December 2006   #56
Cool render

My portfolio:
http://www.michalkotek.com

Old 12 December 2006   #57
felicidades, te quedo muy padre, la captura de los dif, tipos de luz que estas manejando, solamente tengo una pregunta, tu hiciste los dif. tipos de luz desde el render, o solamente rendereaste el primer cuadro y le hiciste correcion de color para llegar a la imagen final como el de night o down, te quedaron muy padres y por cierto eres buen ejemplo que en mexico si se sabe hacer buen 3d.

please visit my Portfolio

Visit My Web Page

Old 12 December 2006   #58
Wow, those textures are amazing. The lighting...I'm speechless. That is a job well done .

Old 12 December 2006   #59
yep, the horizon is too high. you could not see such reference except if the whole house is bent. it should be where the wire-lines of the house are horizontal on the picture.
the picture is very nice but that distracts me a bit.

Old 12 December 2006   #60
Beutiful! I really love your textures and lightining in this.

Thread Closed share thread