CGTalk > Gallery > Featured 3D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 10-29-2006, 07:46 PM   #61
Vasteel

Alex Ang
Singapore, Singapore

Send a message via MSN to Vasteel
Cool......!! But my preference is that there is too little blood....

Old 10-29-2006, 08:11 PM   #62
ulb
Rendered with V-Ray.

Xavier
Brussels, Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashru
to avoid reading posts from poeple like oDDity and others there is the ignore list. just add them to your ignore list. thats what i did .

yeah you're right, each time you disagree with someone, just ignore him and never ever listen to him, you'll be smarter and smarter that way...

btw, i agree with oddity: technically very good but artistically very poor, i would really enjoy to see a better subject dealt with those amazing skills you've got!

Old 10-29-2006, 08:41 PM   #63
fx81
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Mashru Mishu
Chief Operating Lead Junior Intern Art Director of Supervising Manager
Florida, United%2BStates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulb
yeah you're right, each time you disagree with someone, just ignore him and never ever listen to him, you'll be smarter and smarter that way...

sarcasm! nice. but he is the only one in my ignore list. i have seen enough of his stupid and bitter rants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulb
btw, i agree with oddity: technically very good but artistically very poor, i would really enjoy to see a better subject dealt with those amazing skills you've got!

the fact that the client of this artwork is Playboy must be escaping you!

ps. your location is Belgium, same as oDDity(even though he says its United Kingdom). hmm...

Old 10-29-2006, 10:40 PM   #64
ulb
Rendered with V-Ray.

Xavier
Brussels, Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashru
the fact that the client of this artwork is Playboy must be escaping you!
not at all, i'm just speaking about a picture i see here, and i think the subject is not good. when i see a picture posted here, i assume that the poster wants crits and/or advices/comments. and my comment is that it is a bit sad to see so good skills used to produce pictures i really don't like because of the boring/bad subject.

i don't even say that i wouln't do the same if i was payed enough...

Quote:
ps. your location is Belgium, same as oDDity(even though he says its United Kingdom). hmm...
lol!

Old 10-29-2006, 11:08 PM   #65
rraisch
Lurker. Boo.
Rob Raisch
Sydney, Australia

I'm actually kind of gobsmacked at the amount of prudish people that came out of the woodworks. Honestly didn't think there were this many. It's kind of disappointing.

For the record - to those who say that they're bored/tired/offended by the subject matter, it's very clearly printed in the image writeup that the piece contains nudity.

I think the piece is really well done. This is a work to be proud of, in my opinion.

Old 10-30-2006, 02:46 AM   #66
Stahlberg
Lord of the posts

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Steven Stahlberg
Lead Artist
Streamline Studios
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Thanks again everybody for all the praise on the technical side of things, that's what really matters to me in works like this one.

Quote:
it's very clearly printed in the image writeup that the piece contains nudity.

Exactly.

Quote:
when i see a picture posted here, i assume that the poster wants crits and/or advices/comments.

The specific rule here is: 'Critiques and responses to images are to be constructive and related to improving the quality of the artwork.'
I fail to see how "Please pick a different subject matter" is improving the quality of the artwork. ?? If you don't like the subject matter what are you doing in a thread clearly labelled 'nude female game character'?!

Then we have the art snobbery. As if only certain subjects are suitable for "real" art, and only some people have been appointed to tell everyone else what these subjects are. Pfft.

I never tried to give the impression I was anything more than an illustrator. I guess I'll always be just that. I'm a mercenary, but I do pick my battles, and I do draw the line somewhere; I have some integrity. Not as much as oDDity perhaps, but enough at least not to insult him in public.

Old 10-30-2006, 03:03 AM   #67
Lman
X-X___X-Y___X-Y-Z

portfolio
Liam Newport
Creative
United Kingdom

Steven you done good I envy your projects, Nice job my man,
I like the face the most.

Old 10-30-2006, 03:15 AM   #68
harshdesign
digital sculptor

portfolio
Harsh Borah
Singapore, Singapore

Great work as always Steven. Seductively suits the playboy image which she's made for!! Wud be cool to see how much of work u've put in muddy.
(i may sound like im backing u up...but cudnt resist)

Its Odd and Sad to see how someone can be so foolish to pull axe on his own legs...that too in front of such a huge CG audience! Is smarta$$ the right word?

" Good art is in the wallet of the beholder."

Old 10-30-2006, 05:43 AM   #69
Stahlberg
Lord of the posts

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Steven Stahlberg
Lead Artist
Streamline Studios
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I can't find the Mudbox file anymore, but here's the Maya file before I 'baked' it and removed the skeleton (which was from TSM2 btw),

And after I worked on it in Mudbox. You can see the 'hair helmet' thing here, all the detail there is MB. Also seams and wrinkles on the gloves and the coveralls, lots of detailing here and there, armpits etc...

Old 10-30-2006, 06:36 AM   #70
visionmaster2
Lord of the posts

portfolio
marc mordelet
Rennes, France

Send a message via MSN to visionmaster2
thanks for sharing !

Are all the cloth done with Mudbox ? i ask that, because i dont understand how you can attach the cloths from the hands to the rest of the mesh.

sorry if it is not very clear...i need to work more my english..

Old 10-30-2006, 07:22 AM   #71
Zodiac

hi steven

steven you are the most talented female character designer I have ever seen. Not only you have an eye for what beauty is, you also know what really sexy is and your use of color and execution is just incredible .

I have visited your website just to learn from you but your gallery is outrun by some spammers or sth I couldnt open some images.. also I couldnt find the skin shader tutorial that you mention in "how to model a foot" tutorial. in which I am really interested because you say there that you got those feet renders from the simple good old maya renderer. they are looking like they are from vray or sth. so if you can point me in the right link you will be a real hero. heh.

anyways man you rock . I am a student at Gnomon. I will be following .

oh by the way, people who are getting offended by a gorgeous woman body;
man, you are looking at this piece from a really really really really narrow point of view.

Last edited by Zodiac : 10-30-2006 at 07:43 AM.

Old 10-30-2006, 07:24 AM   #72
Stahlberg
Lord of the posts

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Steven Stahlberg
Lead Artist
Streamline Studios
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Quote:
Are all the cloth done with Mudbox ? i ask that, because i dont understand how you can attach the cloths from the hands to the rest of the mesh.

No, the pieces that she's holding in her hands are 2 separate pieces added after I finalized the pose. Very simple polygonal shapes modeled in Maya, then Smoothed. If I remember right, I think I just added some wrinkling in Mudbox there.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:47 AM   #73
visionmaster2
Lord of the posts

portfolio
marc mordelet
Rennes, France

Send a message via MSN to visionmaster2
thank you !

Old 10-30-2006, 09:31 AM   #74
manum
Frequenter

portfolio
Manuel Lopez
Character Artist
Cambridge, United Kingdom

I think that is a great work , and I would like know how many time you have needed to do it... it is not very important, only curiosity.. I try to do things very fast and that stresses me ...

I believe I dont see the image-wire, you can put one ?. Thanks

good luck

While you are doing your dream you are doing something for the our.

DWAR III Entry

Old 10-30-2006, 10:25 AM   #75
staniol
Maxmpire

portfolio
Ota Livers
Freelance / Webdesigner
COMTECH Group
Prague, Czech Republic

Send a message via ICQ to staniol
sweet i really lowe hair thats amazing

Thread Closed share thread