Female game character (nudity), Steven Stahlberg (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2006   #46
website containing ur image is blocked in singapore

Old 10 October 2006   #47
Quote: i thought the hair was 3d at first looking at its shadows. so did you paint the shadow too?

Thanks, there's a sort of helmet shape I sculpted in Mudbox to make the edges complex, but the edges were still sharp, and I softened that in Photoshop.

Quote: website containing ur image is blocked in singapore

That would be the Playboy website? Yes, that doesn't surprise me.
About some people not being able to see the picture, it's not censorship I think, there seems to be some sort of technical problem. Maybe it'll get fixed after the weekend.

Old 10 October 2006   #48
Originally Posted by Stahlberg: Thanks, there's a sort of helmet shape I sculpted in Mudbox to make the edges complex, but the edges were still sharp, and I softened that in Photoshop.

ahh, that makes more sense. nice technique. thanks.

Old 10 October 2006   #49
I completley agree with you oDDity!!! and I thought I was the crazy one.This piece has great technical merit, I like the painterly look of the textures, though I'm extremley tired of the subject matter, and it personally offends me.

Old 10 October 2006   #50
amen..

Great image ! this must be an honor to be in this publication !
another great work with beautiful cg

Old 10 October 2006   #51
looking at all the negative comments and character attacks, i am wondering if you people even know that this was done for Playboy.

if you are old enough you would know that this image was probably meant to be explicit. may be i am understating that. on the other hand, if you are offended that means the artwork is really successful in achieving the emotion Playboy wants.

Last edited by fx81 : 10 October 2006 at 06:30 PM.

Old 10 October 2006   #52
Thanks guys!
Quote: i think maybe a version with blood sprayback across her face/hair/neck (only to skin exposed outside of her suit) would be cool also.

Cool idea! though she wears goggles and a turtleneck in the game, so it might only be hair and lower face.
http://www.playtr.com/index.html

Old 10 October 2006   #53
i think maybe a version with blood sprayback across her face/hair/neck (only to skin exposed outside of her suit) would be cool also.

Old 10 October 2006   #54
I can't see the image

Edit: Oh nevermind page 2

I Like this one. The only bit I find to look a little off is the clothing and texture it has. The clothing does not look to have the same amount of quality as the figure also but it doesn't take away that much from the image overall, especially considering that it was created for Playboy and the focus is on the figure. 4 stars from me.

Last edited by Cyborgguineapig : 10 October 2006 at 10:47 PM.

Old 10 October 2006   #55
Excellent work! Gorgeous pic. Nothing to crit from me.
Don't listen to Oddity and his venom
the pic isn't showing for me as well on first page

Last edited by microspot : 10 October 2006 at 11:06 AM.

Old 10 October 2006   #56
Excellent as always. 5* from me too!

Old 10 October 2006   #57
this is a really lifelike model, excellent picture! its really effective for its porpuse, that´s what makes it even better. congrats

Old 10 October 2006   #58
Originally Posted by Stahlberg:
Cool idea! though she wears goggles and a turtleneck in the game, so it might only be hair and lower face.
http://www.playtr.com/index.html

kinda like the look of a coal miner after a long day (raccoon eyes). might be over the top for some, but i think it would work nicely.

Old 10 October 2006   #59
This is a brilliant piece. Even those who have a problem with the subject matter can't deny the technical and artistic skills present in this piece. 5 star work.

Old 10 October 2006   #60
Originally Posted by microspot: Don't listen to Oddity and his venom

to avoid reading posts from poeple like oDDity and others there is the ignore list. just add them to your ignore list. thats what i did .

Last edited by fx81 : 10 October 2006 at 06:34 PM.

Thread Closed share thread