Z-Carrier Crew, Sebastien Legrain (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2006   #46
Impressive!

Old 09 September 2006   #47
amazing

First time I saw your work was in ZbrushCentral with the low-poly characters from Rainbow Six vegas and let me say you are the most impressive modeler I've ever seen.
Much respect.

Old 09 September 2006   #48
cool..
very realistic, great work

Old 09 September 2006   #49
very impressive

Old 09 September 2006   #50
like already said, amazing work!

Old 09 September 2006   #51
The textures really sell it as an image of a guy working a tiring job day in and day out. I agree with others that more scratches (esp. on the goggles) and dirt/stains on the materials would make it look even better. Great work!

Old 09 September 2006   #52
Stunning image Seb, great job

Old 09 September 2006   #53
The detail you put into the model is amazing, no doubt about that. Love his expression. It really shows off your skill as a sculptor. Where I do find the piece to fall a bit short is in materials and lighting. All the plastics and fabrics look a little too flat-shaded. The skin feels little like plastic (as if you'd painted a bust with acrylics or enamels) because of the uniform specular and the somewhat strong bump. All that are more or less minor though.

What struck me more was the lighting which to me doesn't make any sense; in his goggles he's reflecting a sunset or at least late afternoon yet the key to fill is almost 1:1 (in fact I can hardly see any self-shadowing) and all your shadows come from the top and are very diffuse. If the light was more orange it would fit better in with the reflection. I also don't get the big blue reflection on the right and the white stripe in the middle of his goggles. Where is that coming from? Speculars are reflections of lightsources yet in that direction there is only the sun. If there are any artificial lightsources then why aren't they affecting the lighting on him? I can understand taking some artistic license but I really think something more realistic like reflecting part of the side of the carrier tower would integrate him more.

This great model to me deserves to be presented in the best light possible and to me I still think that could be improved upon.

Wiro

Old 09 September 2006   #54
what can't you do in cg? ^ ^

very inspirational!

Old 09 September 2006   #55
it's bono ( here's your ten characters )

Old 09 September 2006   #56
exellent modeling and texturing also very good lightning
Originally Posted by PMD: I disagree with just about every crit you've got here - apart from the tip of the nose, it does look a little washed out. But really, that's just nit-picking for the sake of it. Stunning work, Seb. 5* and I've no doubt this will be plugged.

Old 09 September 2006   #57
wow incredible work. i love it!!

5 stars for you dude

Old 09 September 2006   #58
superbe - 5 etoiles pour moi , la j'ais pris ca en pleins dans le baba . .
1 tuto ou un making of , histoire qi'on se rendre vraiment compte de tt le taff que ca represente !
magnifique

Old 09 September 2006   #59
Cool picture. love the detail. the only thing i would comment on is the unshaved for 2 days look. i think you would have even better resaults if you would use a hair and fur system to simulate the unshaved effect. it doesn't look as natural with a bump map.

Other then that the pic rocks man.

Myspace www.myspace.com/olszakmike

Sketchbook

Old 09 September 2006   #60
Are some wireframes due?

Thread Closed share thread