Z-Carrier Crew, Sebastien Legrain (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2006   #1
Z-Carrier Crew, Sebastien Legrain (3D)

Title: Z-Carrier Crew
Name: Sebastien Legrain
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, ZBrush

I wanted to do a complex head, with maximum details like gears, fabrics, seams etc...
A carrier crew offered me the possibility to push cloth details extremly far, and an interesting mix with mechanics details for the headphones attach and microphone.
The low res mesh of the head is done in max, and sculpted in high resolution in zbrush, mechanic parts are from max too.
The textures were done on zbrush, same for the rendering, using 7 differents shader.

Old 09 September 2006   #2
Thumbs up Nice

Thats most definetly 5 stars, nice modeling and texturing, also the compesition is great

Old 09 September 2006   #3
Really ncie work, though his face particulaly his nose looks very shiny and looking again the cloth on his head looks a little to shiny as well.

Nice work though

Old 09 September 2006   #4
textures, modeling, everything is quite nice. If I had to pick on something I'd say the reflection on the goggle lens is a little off. It looks a bit fogged over or something but I could be dead wrong. it really is very good

Old 09 September 2006   #5
Holy crap this is good. Only crit: everything is way too clean like he was just taken out of the plastic.

Old 09 September 2006   #6
I have to say this is one of the best faces I have seen on this forum, nice work

A few little things stand out, like the specular highlight on the tip of his nose it a little washed out, makes his nose look a little plasticy. The top lip looks a little sharp, mabey smoothen off the edge.

But holy moly moly 5 stars here

Old 09 September 2006   #7
Hi
I agree with the others about the little things that can be improved..it would be great if the specular is taken off the t-zone on the face(forehead n nose)

but i must say..great texturing..and i love it that you have paid attention to the minor
things to make it really effective for eg..the reflection on the mask..and the expression on the man's face trying to get a clear look at that from a distance..and the smile..u have just got it alright

Old 09 September 2006   #8
cool~~ nice modeling and texturing

Old 09 September 2006   #9
This is veeery good work. There is not much to critisize, except specularity on the face. Again, excelent work man!

Old 09 September 2006   #10
good job, its looking so realistic. Nice textures and modelling

Old 09 September 2006   #11
great work.

www.arkitektradet.se

Old 09 September 2006   #12
Nice details...... i love the reflection of the plane in front of the sun in his goggles Very nice job. Only crit is it mabey could use soe more extensive dirting up... it feels to clean overall.

great work anyhow

Old 09 September 2006   #13
Just amazing, fantastic modeling, textures and lighting

Old 09 September 2006   #14
It's beautiful and so realistic, but I think that the reflection of the sun in the eyeglasses could not be so round...
dEDa

- Life is too short for a full time job -

3Dworks:
Ponte Vecchio
Dragon's Lair

concept car
watch
robot
FIAT

Old 09 September 2006   #15
This is an excellent piece of work. The amount of detail is perfect and the smile is truly convincing. I'm not sure I agree with the "dirty things up" crit I don't think it needs it, he's a pilot right on a carrier? He's not gonna be rolling around in the dirt on a carrier. Who knows?

The only minor crit I have it I think the bump map on his beard is a little strong and looks a little off.

Apart from that I think this is front page worthy.

Thread Closed share thread