THE RETURN TO ABALAKIN :: PART I, Alexander Preuss (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2006
congratulation for the image you have done, is simply amazing, very inspiring work

07 July 2006
This is awesome! I can say only this..

Richard III W. Shakespeare

07 July 2006
Ok Alex .... you got me !
There's obviously not enough stars to rate .... let's see .... maybe one star to each polys put on the scene ... ....

Only word : Marvelous !

cheers ,

-Zapan

"One today is worth two tomorrows"
-Benjamin Franklin-

07 July 2006
Finally finished!
Kept an eye on it and i'm too glad to see it finished.
I think the sequal is at the same level of the first space scene. Amazing details that paid off, well done!!

07 July 2006
Very cool, very massive. Great job.

07 July 2006
Thumbs up

Congratsulations! It's finally in finished section. No crits, 5 stars from me You could sell prints from this picture.

07 July 2006
Thumbs up

W.0_0.W

Very Nice details.
Just Great Alexandr.
congratulation.

- -My Blog - -

07 July 2006
First off awesome work. The image as a whole scene is spectacular. The atmosphere, lighting, haziness and depth of the scene work really well. I find the middle ground somewhat boring though. The roof structure and the whole roof section are great and the depth up at the top left is really awesome make me think there is more and more detail beyond. The vehicles also produce that depth and movement in the scene. The foreground too is like that with the people in the distance and people collectiong and then the singular guy reading the newspaper. I just wish it didnt tranfer so drastically from the cool buildings of the foreground to the blocky buildings just beyond. I think if the detail and building types found in the foreground could continue a little further back in the scene it would be even better. I think the blockiness works fine across the water in the distance and it also has that ciruclar thing over there to break it up. Maybe your computer has hit the wall at this point already I dont know. Keep up the awesome work though. Both scenes.

07 July 2006
Amazing work! Great level of detail & lots of immagination!

07 July 2006
Originally Posted by thearchitect: First off awesome work. The image as a whole scene is spectacular. The atmosphere, lighting, haziness and depth of the scene work really well. I find the middle ground somewhat boring though. The roof structure and the whole roof section are great and the depth up at the top left is really awesome make me think there is more and more detail beyond. The vehicles also produce that depth and movement in the scene. The foreground too is like that with the people in the distance and people collectiong and then the singular guy reading the newspaper. I just wish it didnt tranfer so drastically from the cool buildings of the foreground to the blocky buildings just beyond. I think if the detail and building types found in the foreground could continue a little further back in the scene it would be even better. I think the blockiness works fine across the water in the distance and it also has that ciruclar thing over there to break it up. Maybe your computer has hit the wall at this point already I dont know. Keep up the awesome work though. Both scenes.

Hi Partnet thank you a lot for your very great feedback

please allow me to invite you on my wip thread where i dicsovered a hell lot of problems during realistion..

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=356102

At one point i decidet to create the whole city in the background complete new! because of bad texturing and a too high polycount. I would have loved to make the whole city in the BG with the high detailed buildings from the frontlayer but that would have multplied my overeal polycount a few 1000 times.

I used 20 instances from one citypattern i have made (no greeble plugin was used) and evey pattent has at least over 200.000 Polygons now.

My overall Polycount is now at (including both layers ) something above 8 MILLION Polygons... and i can tell you... my mashine crashed several times to render this in Full resolution..

(V-Ray crashed all the way, Max-scanline managed 10%, only Mental Ray with some cool hints from "mustan9" was able to render this scene )

My next projects will maybe a bit less detailed... or i have to buy a newer BOXX

Nethertheless... THANK YOU A LOT! Alex

www.abalakin.de

Last edited by vampeta : 07 July 2006 at 09:30 PM.

07 July 2006
Ohmy! Pretty!

07 July 2006
Fantastic

A creative and very new project. Good work.

07 July 2006
very awesome work man.I do agree about the buildings in the foreground , lacking some detail,can you isolate and render that area in a layer with better textures and composite the color pass using render to texture (if you are using max) and photoshop.Everything looks very nice, its jsut a suggestion.Amazing work ,congrats

07 July 2006
Woa, I so wanted to see it finished to reply! This is absolutely amazing, not that you don't know it. Every minute put into this was worthy. I so love the high rez picture. I can see all the buildings, and even a person reading the newspaper! I really admire people who can actually create and recreate places in the distant future.

07 July 2006
Simply outstanding!

Thread Closed share thread