Tokyo Girl, Andrew Hickinbottom (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #61
excellent! a huge improvement both technically and asthetically over your previous works.

I'm seriously impressed.

-K.

Old 03 March 2006   #62
Your work gets better each time, a great concept and some quality modelling!

Old 03 March 2006   #63
very nice and cute, great job

Old 03 March 2006   #64
this is awesome, love the style five stars from me.

Old 03 March 2006   #65
Talking

Excellent work mate. Love the style you you are achieving with you characters.

I'm hoping to do something a bit more stylised at some stage...

~M~

PS: When are we gonna get to see your Bunny Girl in the 'flesh' ?

Last edited by mindrot : 03 March 2006 at 05:26 PM.

Old 03 March 2006   #66
excellent

This character is fabulous...because it doesn't rely on the predictable cute Japanese girl...this girl has her own individual appeal. Lot's of personality that shines through the facial features.

Old 03 March 2006   #67
Yeah, I'll chime in to say nice work. When I saw it on the front page, my first thought was "Hmm, is this from that Bunny Girl Guy?" so you've succeeded in creating a recognizable style, and yet still have a unique character.

Someone commented on the eyes... I agree. They're just a tad..off. mebbe too buggy? Hmm, I'll think about it and see if I can come up with a more constructive crit.

Sorry to hear about the turbosquid BS. The wire on bunny gal was quite impressive, and I was hoping to see what improvements you might have come up with in the intervening time. But one must guard one's IP these days, I don't blame you a bit.

Cheers!

Freelance Awesomeologist

Old 03 March 2006   #68
How awesome is this? Sooo awesome!

In my eyes, you have completely and utterly topped bunny girl. By a long shot. Someone earlier in the thread nailed it when he said that you've managed to capture a typical japanese girl's spunk and kooky air, without resorting to the Ayumi Hamasaki look. As always, love the poses.

Old 03 March 2006   #69
Bravo! I like her veeeery much for me she is the best of yours works!!
Sweet sweet girl
Good job!
staszek@staszekmarek.com

Old 03 March 2006   #70
Cheers for the comments

Really glad you like her KWAK - youre my all time fave modeler! I wish I could do all that detailed anatomy stuff that you do so well....

Originally Posted by mindrot: PS: When are we gonna get to see your Bunny Girl in the 'flesh' ?

>shakes fist< Neverrrr!

She is actually due to appear in the slovakian edition of Playboy on a regular basis - in the jokes column, and she still keeps her clothes on
Im happy with my ability to create characters that have appeal without resorting to dodgy stuff like nudity or sexism.
I tried to make Tokyo girl completely non-sexual because she appears to be 13 - 17, and making her look sexy would just be dodgy! Thats why she has big eyes and they are always wide open. Closing the eyes half way makes her look a bit flirty and thats not what i was after. I was trying to make her seem lively, fun, cute, innocent and a bit crazy.

Last edited by AndyH : 03 March 2006 at 05:49 PM.

Old 03 March 2006   #71

Amazing! I wanna see more poses!
You are very inspiring!

Old 03 March 2006   #72
Originally Posted by AndyH: I was trying to make her seem lively, fun, cute, innocent and a bit crazy.

I'd say you hit that nail on the head, fantastic work

Old 03 March 2006   #73
again Andy - nicely done. I really think you pulled that young vulnerable look off well without being to sexy.

I sent you a pm, but I can ask here as well. I really wanna get that look of the hair, especially like your bunny/office girl had. any insight would help alot.

thanks.

great work again. please post some more!

Old 03 March 2006   #74
Absolutely excellent! Great poses, expressions and awesome technical execution

Old 03 March 2006   #75
Originally Posted by AndyH: I was trying to make her seem lively, fun, cute, innocent and a bit crazy.

I usually try not to just jump on the bandwagon, but I have to say, "Mission accomplished!"

I'm really very impressed that you managed to pull off the giant eyes without losing empathy for the character. I've tried a few times and failed miserably. In the 2nd pose (from the left) the corners of her mouth are also very impressive - great little up turns!

The only crits are that I don't like the sleeves - the wrinkles look too uniform and make it seem as though something is under there (armband?) - and I prefer her without the buns in her hair.

I look forward to seeing your next great creation.

Thread Closed share thread