Tokyo Girl, Andrew Hickinbottom (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2006   #31
awesome as ever Andy. beautifully modelled and full of character. I really love the way you post different poses for these- you're very good at expressions and poses.
Wouldn't worry about trying to top bunny girl-she was very iconic, with the playboy references and all. Tokyo Girl is definitely just as good technically and visually.5 stars for me!
was hoping to see you in the challenge, but this is where you were obviously!

Old 03 March 2006   #32
hey yeah you got 5 stars from me too. Some nasty mug, must've bumped you down. If you get time PS post a larger desktop version.

Best

r

Old 03 March 2006   #33
very sweet
i love this one keep it

Old 03 March 2006   #34
Great work again. So cute! unmistakably your work

Old 03 March 2006   #35
well done andy, great work as usual. 5 stars from me

Old 03 March 2006   #36
You never cease to amaze AndyH. Just another fantastic work.

BgDM

Old 03 March 2006   #37
Smile piiiiiiiiiiiiiink!

Looking pretty swish there Andy- and the model looks pretty darn good too (fnar fnar)! Nice colour variations & textures on the clothing & I really like the hair too. I can kind of understand some of the comments about her face, but I think it's only a pretty minor point- though I'm certainly no expert when it comes to Tokyo girls (honest, yer honour I know nothing about those girls in Tokyo). I prefer the two middle poses in the image as they're nicely posed & the expressions work very well on them. Only a minor crit- I'm not too sure about the smile on the seated pose, & maybe the eye positions too- but this is only very minor nit-picking on my part, and is probably more subjective on my part than anything else.

Old 03 March 2006   #38
i love it!! great posing,
love the "cat" face!

Old 03 March 2006   #39
not cool for turbosquid

Old 03 March 2006   #40
wow that's excellent work! I think it's one of your best so far!

THE HEIST // SPECTACULAR 3D
WISH LIST // MASTER AND SERVANT CHALLENGE

Old 03 March 2006   #41
Beautiful and very girly! I especially like your shader work which is very soft and cute!
Total success once again!
More please!

Old 03 March 2006   #42
Wow! Another cute girl

Hey Andy, I think you really nailed the tokyo girl part. I've been to Japan and I have to say that your character has captured very much the essence of the girl on the street. I think that there are even more extreme looking girls in Harajuku though.

For one thing, I don't agree that japanese girls should look like Ayumi Hamasaki or some JPop Megastar. There's a reason why they are movie or pop stars you know, I feel that being able to capture the look of the girl on the street is something wonderful in itself.

That being said, I think that last pose is really cute Nice work overall man.

Terence

Old 03 March 2006   #43
Originally Posted by Lamster: Hey Andy, I think you really nailed the tokyo girl part. I've been to Japan and I have to say that your character has captured very much the essence of the girl on the street. I think that there are even more extreme looking girls in Harajuku though.

For one thing, I don't agree that japanese girls should look like Ayumi Hamasaki or some JPop Megastar. There's a reason why they are movie or pop stars you know, I feel that being able to capture the look of the girl on the street is something wonderful in itself.

Exactly. Thus, plugged!

Old 03 March 2006   #44
very nice^_^

Old 03 March 2006   #45
So so so so cute!! I love her! And such cute poses!

Nice to see something new and right up there with the usual AndyH standard... You're my favourite character modeller so you are...

Thread Closed share thread