Moksha Concept Car (liberate Your Soul), Nitin Khosa (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
Moksha Concept Car (liberate Your Soul), Nitin Khosa (3D)

Title: Moksha Concept Car (liberate Your Soul)
Name: Nitin Khosa
Software: Maya, Photoshop

Here is another original concept car called "Moksha." I have continued the theme of naming my concept work after eastern words. "Moksha" means liberation from the cycle of death and rebirth in Hindu philosophy. Using this metaphor of liberation, I have created a car that will truly liberate the driver from the grind of daily life. Moksha provides the driver unadulterated pleasure by virtue of its stunning design styling and superior handling. There are many layers of detail for the eyes to feast on and enjoy.

03 March 2006
Gheese Simply Brilliant Mate Beautiful Work, Modelling, Texturing & Lighting!

I Can't Believe No Ones Replied Yet

Last edited by jbarr : 03 March 2006 at 02:44 AM.

03 March 2006
Great work!

03 March 2006
the lighting and texturing on this thing is just superb. how long did this take to render if you don't mind me asking?

03 March 2006
Cool man...get real

WOW...please post more of this...sexy looking

03 March 2006
good lord i hope they never really make that - it's like rape on my eyes- but in a good way . Nice pics and nice model, but it's extremely contrasty and I had trouble focussing on it when I first looked at it. Maybe with more subtler color changes it'd be more appealing to me, but I'm sure other people would love it

03 March 2006
nice work !!!

Very Cool Modeling .

5 stars

03 March 2006
wow its certainly different good work
but i want to know more about how it works
things like what happens if it rains?,how on earth do the doors open with the scoop in the side?
why not use smaller discs on the brakes,how are the tires fixed to the rims i like the blobs and extrusions but what is the purpose besides aesthetics?what speed is planned for it?.
Dont take this the wrong way ,im not saying your design is bad at all,
theres nothing wrong with concept cars in fact im far more impressed to see someone model there own design for a change, just tell us more.

03 March 2006
Wow, that's an amazing looking car! *wonders where I can buy one *

03 March 2006
I really like the car and the first rendering is especially powerful. Nice touch on the tire tracks in the other renderings.

03 March 2006
vwry nice work nitin, great modeling texturing and lighting, the wall texture looks really low res in comparison to the car, can you rework it

03 March 2006
impressive, i cant find anything to crit about- you really did a very good job on this. modeling texturing, rendering are all good; it makes one feel like buying a car like that.

maybe you could say something about the texture/shaders you use.

Hollow Earth

If you can follow the Lochness Monster with a submersible, it can lead you to a doorway to the Hollow Earth.

03 March 2006
Wow! thats a great model you made, but i think you've heared that enough :P
I do have one crit though, the tire material is way too reflective, no matter how clean or new it is, tires dont reflect like that and if it would, it wouldnt be so clear but more of a blurry kind of reflection.
Keep up the good work!
Lighting Challenge #9 - Ford Mustang - Voyager

03 March 2006
Originally Posted by karl168: Dont take this the wrong way ,im not saying your design is bad at all,
theres nothing wrong with concept cars in fact im far more impressed to see someone model there own design for a change, just tell us more.

Hi! Karl no worries. I will try to answer your questions. See the attached image at the bottom of the post.

Q- what happens if it rains?
A- It's a concept car and mainly a car styling exercise. What happens on similar concept show cars made by auto manufacturers when it rains? What does a motorbike rider do when it snows or rains heavily? He takes his other vehicle. That said there is absolutely no reason why a removable soft/hard top can't be added if it was really a fully engineered production model.

Q- How on earth do the doors open with the scoop in the side?
A- I am not fully sure what your question is with regards to the scoops but...if you notice the car is a two seater with the seats NOT side by side. This creates extra space on left and right side of the seat. I did not model the car with the intention of showing exploded engineering views but I made a quick screen grab to give a rough idea behind my thinking.
The door basically moves inside first and then swings/rotates out. Not from the edge like on a traditional car door but from almost a central rotation
axis. Imagine there is a single pillar inside the middle portion of the door. The pillar slides in slightly on a groove on the floor and then rotates outwards/inwards. The tiny hinges you see are fake hinges to compliment the other similar real working hinges on the car. So in theory both passengers can leave at the same time from the same door...unless they are extremely fat..in which case they will have bigger health problems to worry about than my concept car doors

The other obvious way is to just climb over it by using the orange steeping area on the exterior of the car (the area above the lower air scoop).

Q-
Why not use smaller discs on the brakes?
A- The motorbike inspired discs in my humble opinion look more interesting and unique. They do the exact same job so from an engineering point of view they are fully functional and it was a purely design driven choice.

Q- How are the tires fixed to the rims? I like the blobs and extrusions but what is the purpose besides aesthetics?
A- Tires are fixed similar to a normal rim I would say with maybe little more screwing/unscrewing involved :-) The blobs can be for purely aesthetic reasons and for housing lights to give an interesting look when in motion.

I think I answered all your questions

Last edited by nitindesign : 03 March 2006 at 02:22 PM.

03 March 2006
Someone asked about render times. It all depends on the PC. I actually had lot of trouble rendering it. The reason was that I had to return my Quad Opteron system permanently to the shop that built it (inferior build quality and too many hardware issues). So I had to try and render the images for Expose on a five year old back up Athlon PC. Basically it was not fun and I had just one hit and no chance/time to re-adjust my render settings. I only managed 3000 pixel wide images and that also in pieces

I will be building a new Opteron Quad sytem myself and if I touch this project again then I will fix two things as already suggested by someone -

a) Use higher rez background textures.
b) Soften the reflection on the tyres.

Oh and I would also try other colour combinations. Pink anyone?

Thread Closed share thread