Dead_end, Pascal Blanche (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2006
Awesome work as always, great painterly quality to it as well.
Keep up the inspirational work Pascal.

AKIN BILGIC
Modeler / Generalist TD
CGGallery.com

01 January 2006
Quote: what's really fascinating is the identical blades , my eyes
keep drawn to them as if there was some error, something
outa place in the pic or sumthin, i think that's great

Yea I get the same feeling. I think it's because the outer 2 blades are in her "back" hands (ie....the set of hands that are physically farther back then the inner two hands)...yet the blades are all the same size (even though our mind wants the outer 2 blades to be smaller due to their 3d position)......so it's sort of an optical illusion

01 January 2006
Another utterly speechless work from the CG people. Speechless speechless speechless....

What made you inspired by this?

latest WIP: Dragonfly/Snail
www.mysundream.com
Pygmalion Project

01 January 2006
Once again... undoubtedly... "hey, that looks like Pascal's work..." HELL YEAH!

Very nice once again...

Well, I might sound like a fan-boy... but I AM so... from me

01 January 2006
Not to be rude, since I always have been into your work. But for me this is one of your weakest works to date, subject mather and character design wise it's really unoriginal to me and not up to par to what I loved in your work. Also the execution and rendereing misses that finesse and detailing I loved in your work, the living colours. Looking at your lasts works I think to see a trend, so this is probably a fase you have gone into, probably chosen for. But I really miss the old Pascal B.'s touch, characters, eye for detail, "magic"... Still a fan though. For me personal, I just hope for swift change of artistic fase, hehe sorry.

01 January 2006
Hey Pascal,

Great work. I always love your work, it has this unique style. Eerie, sexy and beautiful all at the same time.

Hey how are thing going with H.E.R.

Remember me? I was the one who introduced you to Sixus, hope all is going good. Keep up the beautiful art you do. It has this whole style unmatched.

Thanks for sharing

01 January 2006
Your work has always been great! I really like the style of rendering you have, which is something I never really thought about before. You've inspired me to start on my own stylized renderings. If you have any tips or tricks about doing stylized work, as opposed to "realistic" 3D work, I'd love to see or hear them.

Keep posting!

01 January 2006
this one is great to!...
maybe the background is a little distracting for me.
but she looks excelent
I like to see some details...
(if you whant.. off course)

Joss

01 January 2006
Wooooo ARMS!!

01 January 2006
c'est Superbe...

01 January 2006
I believe that her skirt(fabric) needs some work (texturewise and posewise ).attention to the her left hip area ..the fabric didn't seem to be hung correctly there..there is a bag that is tied to it..the bag looks full..so, from what i see, the bag should drag the fabric down..thus the fabric would fall down... Also,It doesn't have the pastel texture to it yet, compared to the rest of the image.
you also might wanna add some specularity/reflections to some of the swords(close to their handles)..this might be necessary because of the high specular area that you put on your character's chest and front head..or maybe not, maybe there is a tree or something that blocks the sunlight..i dont know..
very good quality work though..as always

~S

01 January 2006
Arrow

Great colors, they fit good with the scene

01 January 2006
thx guys for the constructive comments
i find it always interresting to get those comments about my "touch"... people wanting the good old days illustrations like mermaid for instance... funny thing is most of the comments where the same when they dicovered the mermaid for the first time :P
looks like the illustrations are same as musik, it takes time to really appreciate a new album from your favorite band.. you see want i mean?

for Dead_End i tried to play with contrasts:
A colorfull and stylised character againts a monochrome and complex background.

Framing was a bit tricky and i spent time to find a correct balance between putting the character in front of the subject, or the environement..
I Still need to learn a lot!
back to work now
click click click click click click click click click click...

Last edited by pascal_blanche : 01 January 2006 at 12:50 AM.

01 January 2006
you are a good artist,but I don`t think this is front page material.

It`s a very simple render with weak textures.I think this time more your reputation got you there than this image.
Sorry I don`t mean to be harsh,...but is my opinion.
Again you are a great artist,I don`t deny that fact,but this seems too simple for front page.

01 January 2006
Very nice Pascal! Once again I knew right away this was from you because of the colors and the way they blend togheter so well. The atmosphere is great, I feel like I want to see more of this character and the world she is in. My only crit, just for the sake of giving one, is that the two outer hands look like they are holding the blades only with their thumbs and indexes.

Anyway, it's great!

Thread Closed share thread