Angelina Jolie Extreme Close-up, Dave Auclair (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2005   #61
I'm pitching a tent over here!

Nice =)

Old 12 December 2005   #62
Amazing !

The skin rendering (peach fuzz) is mesmerizing !

The eyes sort of stopped on her lips though... Something doesn't fit. Don't know what.

Old 12 December 2005   #63
Wow!

Thats some incredible work. Could you post a wireframe pick?

Old 12 December 2005   #64
hmm at first glance i recognized her..
great work buddy..just skin shader is need to be tweaked.
and can u show her wireframe?

Finished work:
Nokia N80
Nokia 6680
Sony PSP
XBox Complete Set
Nokia 2100
Nokia 7260

Old 12 December 2005   #65
Originally Posted by CAClark: I'm going to break the trend, because I am not sure why this is front paged. Yeah it's good, let me just say that, but it isn't truly like the real deal, and doesn't look at all realistic.

It's not rubbish mind you, I'm not saying that. I just think better stuff has been ommitted in the past.

Cheers!

Looks like we have a hater in the house. I would love for you to show me a better Angelina model than this one.

Anyway, this is truly a great model, I just love the detail you put into it, especially the little white hairs all over the face, I have never seen a model taken to that level of detail before. Excellent job. The only thing that bothers me is the eyes for some reason, I can't put my finger on it but something seems off. 5 Stars from me

Old 12 December 2005   #66
Thumbs up

hey man, congrats on front page~ ^__^)!.. that is an awesome job u did on angeline, but just something thing to point out, i think the thing that seems off for me is the eyelids and eye-lashes... maybe that's what doesn't seem as real as everything else to me... and i think the bump on her face is the same through-out.. maybe more variety will make it look more realistic. .. but other than those things.. man.. dude.. u did an exceptional job.. ^^ ~

www.matthewfonseca.com

Old 12 December 2005   #67
"Anyway, this is truly a great model, I just love the detail you put into it, especially the little white hairs all over the face, I have never seen a model taken to that level of detail before. Excellent job. The only thing that bothers me is the eyes for some reason, I can't put my finger on it but something seems off. 5 Stars from me"

No it is not a 'truly great model', it's good yes, very good maybe but truly great models have something that sets them apart from others as having something that is unique be it in construction, quality or subject matter. This doesn't qualify. It could do with some minor adjustments, then it might be truly great but not yet.

I've got to agree with Craig Clark and say that there have been a number of other finished pieces which have deserved to be headered which have not that in my opinion are better than this.

I'm not detracting from the obvious quality of this work so nobody start screaming foul, I could just be better.

Old 12 December 2005   #68
Looks fantastic. The irises are really realistic - Good job there. It's nice to see such a selection of large images too.

Lovely skin texture, athough I think the bottom eyelids look a bit strange. I think it's the pink bit where the skin ends before the eyeball is too large(wide/thick) or something.

Also, the lips look great in hi-resolution, but at low-res, something seems not quite right, but can't put my finger on it. Great work though.

Old 12 December 2005   #69
wow, man!! end up looking super cool!
thats totally her!
as a critic, looks great when I look from far away but when i zoom in on the large picture i feel that the bump in the skin is a lillte high (noisy) but thats just me.
anyways the model look awesome, and u achieved the likeness really well.
5 starts from me.

Old 12 December 2005   #70
Thumbs up

great work !!!

Old 12 December 2005   #71
OMG!! On the highest res you see every little hair in the skin. The detail is just increbible.
Easy to see that its cg but who cares. Its very nice work.

Old 12 December 2005   #72
Great work! probably the most convincing skin texture ive ever seen, my only crit would be to introduce some reds into her skin in translucent areas. keep it up!

Old 12 December 2005   #73
Thumbs up

Ecellent work
my favorit star
M&S 3D (3rd Ru.. Up) Hi-Res l Detail l WIP
Journey 2D unfinished

Old 12 December 2005   #74
great work..till all the tries i have seen till now..

Old 12 December 2005   #75
If I could, I would give you six stars. :-)

Thread Closed share thread