Student Final Project - 3d Fashion Collection, Jana Rot (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2005
Wow... roja88, your work has amazing style... it is sure original...
I hope I can make texture as much you can so I can adopt 3D skill to my 2d character design...
Great works!

10 October 2005
You got the colors in the outfits matching up well, but I don't feel like the fabrics or textiles match very well. It's very hard to get the 'feel' of fabric in 3D that's why they make complicated shaders. I think that would be your next step. Making everything look less velvet like and varying the material.
I noticed some lace, but other than that, the others seem to blend, IMO.

Good job learning the software quickly and succeeding in your goal!

10 October 2005
Very impressive. Amazing 3D and especialy the design... Congratulations for the first page

(In the rotation movie I noticed that the third girl has some serius right arm dislocation )

10 October 2005
Great work!! The fashion designs remind me a lot of the Art Nouveau movement, perhaps more fitting with the art of that time than the clothes they wore themselves back then!
Very interesting hat design as well, they fit really well with the rest of the clothes, on a whole the collection looks really coherent. Great job!

10 October 2005
Very cool to see cg applied like this. It would be interesting to see these displayed on a runway with the concept art as a backdrop!

10 October 2005
Wow, very nice work even if I would not be the right person to wear those clothes.
I think it was the first time that I have seen such a kind of visualisation for fashion designs. Normally you get to see sketches and paintings or am I wrong?

10 October 2005
Very interesting

Very interesting use of 3d. I never would have thought about appling CG to the world of fashion. Bravo!

10 October 2005
thats nice

10 October 2005
Very interesting, your style is very original...would love to see more of your work. Great job, I can see a greater need for this in the fasion industy as design houses and artist accept 3D as a pipeline for faster visulization and realization of the final end product.

10 October 2005
Talented skills. great work.

let us know how you go with this assignment

10 October 2005
coooooooool/.....

Realy nice and individual.....great

cheers

10 October 2005
Congratulations on some very nice work. You have sure learned a lot in the time you have been working in 3d. Your renders look nice and clean as far as the lighting is concerned, but I would probably advise staying away from such a static camera for your model turnarounds. You should use the camera to add to the look of your work by giving us some more interesting angles and close ups to show off what you learned how to do with your shaders. I think you have achieved a great and very original vision in this project, and I would hope that you have sparked a love for 3d as well. Good work!

10 October 2005
It feels so refreshing once in a while when work like yours is presented here at CGTalk. The designs are so very beautiful and original. In my opinion a masterfully executed final project.

Congratulations on graduating & good luck!

10 October 2005
i love your designs they are so refreshing.

10 October 2005
Beautiful designs! You've done really well on the work of the shaders.

A couple of crits though:

The bag on the left, it looks as if it was a miniature (a dolls bag), either it's the shader or that is rests on the dress, which I assume would be quite soft. Maybe it could hang a little more towards the body and press the skirt to the body.

The lighting of the mannequin in the red dress is good, the lighting on the others ones could be improved IMO. More contrast.

Also the little green hanging thingies on the dress on the right, look a little CG.

Otherwise excellent work!

Great to see work like this on the front page.

Thread Closed share thread