Student Final Project - 3d Fashion Collection, Jana Rot (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2005
Thumbs up

really nice~~~~ great originality~~

10 October 2005
this is front page material....absolutely top notch, congratulations
CGtalk thread on Troy: DP

10 October 2005
Originally Posted by Sephiros9883: this is front page material....absolutely top notch, congratulations

yeah this is front page material. I have never seen something like that here on CG talk. And to be honest, nowhere. Has anyone every seen fashion creator doing clothes in 3d? It is a bit like industrial design I guess.

top notch material indeed.

10 October 2005
absolutely fantastic Jana! Now that I see all those details Im stunned by ur work. I hope to see more of ur work in this style in the future.

DW V 2d

10 October 2005
beautiful work Jana

10 October 2005
Wow, you are very talented! It is great to see you using 3D in a practical way for your designs. Your modelling is solid but its your materials that make your work great! I especially love the colorful dress on the leftmost figure!

10 October 2005
Thanks a lot to all for all the comments and flattering words. It's very nice to hear that you like it. There is a bit of mixturing of modern and old in this collection as you all have noticed. I'm very pleased that you like the fabrics I' ve put a lot of work in it.

Curaremac I didn't use clothilde on any of the dresses, it's all modeled by hand, but I did use deformers on some of the dresses. You can see the movie with all the dresses on this link, but unfortunaly there is no clothilde just deformers moving some parts of the dress, on some models.

Thanks to all.

10 October 2005
wow great design! especially when you incorporate 3D into it, seems it's very rare, or hardly any fashion designers would willing to use 3D techniques during their design process.

hey btw I agree on what you said about doing 3D with Fashion Design is the future, I think not just for fashion design but for design in general as well, due to the fact that it can greatly increase ur design process with previsualization and most importantly using CG it gives you unexpected inspiration, well, atleast for me~

anyway GREAT WORK! and hope to see more in the future, cheers

-yc

10 October 2005
superb! I am going to show this to the fashion/texteles people at the college where I teach C4D. I got as far as using it as a tool to visualise fabrics -but this is so far beyond! Can you show us the patterns for the garments?

10 October 2005
Great work ! Very nice materials.

10 October 2005
Originally Posted by Byla: yeah this is front page material. I have never seen something like that here on CG talk.

Quoted for agreement. It's nice to see a focus on some clothing design here on CGTalk. Artists here too often focus on getting their female characters to wear as little as possible.

10 October 2005
Originally Posted by vrf: Quoted for agreement. It's nice to see a focus on some clothing design here on CGTalk. Artists here too often focus on getting their female characters to wear as little as possible.

Haha, that is true, but us guys dont complain that much about it, do we .

10 October 2005
Originally Posted by bunter: superb! I am going to show this to the fashion/texteles people at the college where I teach C4D. I got as far as using it as a tool to visualise fabrics -but this is so far beyond! Can you show us the patterns for the garments?

bunter did you mean that you want to see textures of the garments? Becouse there aren't any patterns on this clothes just textures and shaders. I will post some textures of one garment today. Regarding shaders, I used a lot of noises, translucency, fersnels, ilumination shaders etc.

10 October 2005
wow that's different and refreshing

10 October 2005
Really beautiful. I agree with the other posts. It's great to see some other types of creative use for our favourite 3d apps.

What a great way to visualize your designs.

Thread Closed share thread