I Want To Believe (nudity), Dmitry Kuznetsov (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2005   #46
Really a great modeling and texturing work for this lil'fae, i like your work on her face

Georges.

Old 06 June 2005   #47
Wow Cool Great Textures And Render To ...

Old 06 June 2005   #48
Originally Posted by Garma: on first glance it looked good, but there are a lot of flaws. For starters, her butt deforms weird in the first picture. Her lips are too small (beyond believable level), and she feels a tad plastic (like a doll). In the sitting pose, it is quite obvious that her knee deforms weird (left, makes her upper leg look very weird).

her hair is really great though, as is the skin texture (apart from that specularity issue). Her foot look good too, can't really see it but it looks very good. Its nice but to be honest I don't really understand why this is plugged?

you left her a bit too early you shouldn't do that, because she's beautiful.

ah...finally...i definately agree,i was just waiting to see if anyone would comment on it
so i wont be alone...its a lovely image,i love it...but those stuff just imidiately popped
especially the butt thing,and its too bad,because its such a lovely character,and i
think the image should be modified a little more for perfection.
either make her totally naked,it doesent matter,at this pose you cant see anything
so itll still look nice and clean,but i guss you will still have that anatomy problem,
because there shouldnt be any space there,between her thighs,try some figure drawing...
youll see that even when a person streaches that way,theres still no space there,it
should be a kind of heart shape,and you shouldnt see the panties there at all,the fabric
should go right in there,the flesh meets to cover it

the wide space there makes it look like one of those plastic barbies ,that have fake hips
that join over a seperated body part,get rid of that and first,itll be anatomically correct,
and second,itll actually look like flesh and not plastic,hence contributing to its pinup
quality(:

the rest of the stuff show,but didnt bother me...i needed to look at it again to see it,but
that was caught on first sight.

Old 06 June 2005   #49
WoW.
Extreme textures.

Old 06 June 2005   #50
love the textures on her face and wings. Great job on the hair, too!!!

My only problem is with the elbow she's leaning on - it seems to be bent in an akward way - when you're leaning the elbow would be close to the ground - pointing down and not forward the way it's doing now - seems like the rigging bend is not quite in the right place.
It's just jumping right at me.
Other than that - great work, she's so cute

Old 06 June 2005   #51
great work and shes HOT

Old 06 June 2005   #52
One Stahlberg girl face was used, I think you must credit him on
first post: "Face copied from a Stahlberg's girl" or something like that.

The face closeups are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. It seems
HDRI illumination in these closeups.

I think the hair is also geometry textured. Is not?.

Old 06 June 2005   #53
Texture & lighting deserves Four and a Half stars. Looks like a doll, nevertheless another great job.

Old 06 June 2005   #54
Looks really nice. Great texture/lighting. Very sexy

Old 06 June 2005   #55
i totally disagree with the issue everyone has had with the butt. I saw a slim girl in a thong just the other day (irl) laying in a similar position and you could see the cloth from all angles, even when she was standing up you could still see some. I feel that you give the but a realistic weight to it and it looks great to me. As for her left arm, she seems to be supporting herself with her upper fore-arm and not the elbow, thereby not really looking relaxed to me

Old 06 June 2005   #56
I like the character textures, and the hair is really nice. I think the background colors overtake the character, and are what make some people say the composition is cluttered. On the plain gray background your character pops forward more, and those images look better. In the final image the character doesn't pop.

Old 06 June 2005   #57
Amazing concept - love it.

Colt .45 XSI Video Tutorials

Old 06 June 2005   #58
simply AMAZINGGGGG work...

Old 06 June 2005   #59
Hey great modelo and scene. I tend to disagree that the scene is too cluttered. I think it works, the thing I see hurting it is the color. The whole thing is like a bright technicolor celebration, hehehh. I like the colors too but it might help to adjust the hues and color curves in Photoshop a bit (but only on the background, not the figure) adn that'll help her pop more from everything else. RIght now she is bright and colorful and so is everything else so they are all competing.

-feeeeeeesh

Old 06 June 2005   #60
Its a little hard to get honest crits in when there are oh so many people saying the same things about how great it is. First of all the hair, skin and anatomy of the girl are excellent no doubting that. Some things I have an issue with is the saturation of the entire image itself. The green leaf is just a bit too saturated and almost burns the image in places, especially where the shadows meet under the girl's chest. Secondly I couldn't imagine those wings listing the body of the girl anywhere. Something about them just makes them look weak. I'm not saying it can't be done, just saying it doesn't look possible. Although maybe the artists was trying to get the impression of her being fragile? And one thing that really just bothers me a lot is the lady bug. it looks rather fake and stiff to fit in with the rest of thre image. Evene if the flower in the backround is an image as well as the bug, I still don't think it fits with the rest of the piece. Those are my crits. overall I love it but still think its not perfect.

four ****

Oh and as for the butt issue. In the final comp the butt does look close to perfect to how it would actually look if she were to lay like that. I think others need to pick up more anatomy books. I will say however that in pic #3(profile shot of body) the butt does NOT realistically sit on the floor and there is that annoying knee deformation. If she had her knees up like that she would most likely be sitting on the bone of the hips and you would actually get a sharper point on her bottom contacting the floor. I do not see anything wrong with the thong placement in the final comp, I've been looking at way to much pron lately to know.

Last edited by Cyborgguineapig : 06 June 2005 at 07:51 PM.

Thread Closed share thread