Uzumaki Naruto - Cell Shaded, Alex Durastanti (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2005
Uzumaki Naruto - Cell Shaded, Alex Durastanti (3D)

Title: Uzumaki Naruto - Cell Shaded
Name: Alex Durastanti
Software: 3ds max, mental ray, Photoshop, Wings3D

Here's a cell shaded version of the popular japanese anime character, Uzumaki Naruto. The main goal was to get it to resemble the style of the version released on the Gamecube version of the game, Naruto:Gekito Ninja Taisen III. I was able to still keep it fairly low poly, 2,991 being the final count. Here's some references for those who aren't into anime.

Modeled in Wings 3d, skinned in Adobe Photoshop, rendered in 3d Studio Max, using Mental Ray.

And here's an unskinned/non-cellshaded version.

06 June 2005
Thats a nice attempt, i dont think you've quite got the look of him right(i think its the eyes). Doesnt look like the happy go lucky naruto that every1 loves. Would help giving him one of his many expressions(maybe with nine tails chakra released).

im currently in the process of making a naruto model myself but it i havent touched it in a while, tempted to finish it off asap after seeing urs.

06 June 2005
Not bad, the celshading still needs some work though.

Bring him to life

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."

06 June 2005
sup

I think you have a nice model there.. just have to improve the cell shading, which i know nothing about.

06 June 2005
i would say the expression says somethin like... oy Ero Sannin...u see that face a lot when hes near jiraiya

06 June 2005
I'd gladly improve the cell shading if someone could lend me some tips on that. This is my first cell shaded render so, I wouldn't know how to enhance it Any help would be appreciated.

07 July 2005
Hello,

I stumbled across this forum while I have been looking for anime related models. I am more a programmer than artist, so I have a hard time to create my own models.

Is it possible that you could contact me? I would love to try and animate this model so that I can use it in SecondLife (www.secondlife.com) as Avatar.

Kind regards
Bernd

07 July 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread