Connection Of The Oposite..., Stepan Grakov (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2005
Connection Of The Oposite..., Stepan Grakov (3D)

Title: Connection Of The Oposite...
Name: Stepan Grakov
Software: Photoshop, ZBrush

Idea of the Image: Everyone IS the Master or Servant to himself, his life, his environment, depends of situation. But you never know for sure what part is on top now - that's why they are in "neutral" position. And they never be happy at a time - e.x. if one does the other will be sad (same mouth showing that). You must noticed that when you first met someone you thought that he is master of his life (or that this is what he's trying to show you), but later you discover that he's just a servant to his habbits, wife, boss etc.

Making of the image: I used Zbrush 2.0 for modelling, rendering and texturing the Heads and background. Also I used Photoshop 7.0 for color balance, post effects and composing.

05 May 2005
great image! But IMHO it would look much better if you made just one whole face insted of merging two and placing them horizontaly. But that's just me Still, a great image!

05 May 2005
milivoj popovic - glad you like it You know, I tried different things with heads, and also like it one head but with master-half and servant-half - it looked wierd and all emotions would loose that way for me..but in this way - if you lean left you'll see one person, and if you'll lean right - another.

thanks for comments

05 May 2005
Nice one. Nothing really important to crit (in my humble opinion I guess the edges of the ear are way too sharp). I liked how you solved the merging of the head in the lips area. Very nice colors and composition.

06 June 2005
this is excellent, well done.

06 June 2005
Thanks, guys! You can find more details in my wip here - http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=229832

06 June 2005
Hi Stannik-dude...

only one: it has to be placed verticaly, I think.
Evertyhing else is perfect

06 June 2005
Very good concept and very well executed. The only thing I have to say is that you could have pushed it further. As there is a master side and a slave side, they should be opposite not only by making them opposite in space, but physically and/or emotionally to have more contrast between them. You could maybe also emphasize the background (particularly the "MASTER/SERVANT" words).

Ok, except that, it's really a wonderfull piece of work, and the idea of getting the mouth as the seem between the two heads is working so well !

Good job !

06 June 2005
hey man ! nice to see you here !

good work !

06 June 2005
Abyssis, Didou, drummer - you're right it's always smth to fix thanks for the interest

06 June 2005
Talking

My Brain Hurts.....very Hypnotic And Stylized
I Like
tumblr
youtube

06 June 2005
congratulations again. excellent work

06 June 2005
THE CLYKE, smaddl -

06 June 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread