Goldeneye:ra-miniboss Heads (low Poly), Eoin Colgan (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #46
Excellent 3D work and textures. The only problem I see with them is the lack of character, you say you wanted to avoid the normal “tough guy” looks, but to me that's exactly where you have ended up. This is most noticeable in the small 1-inch beards and crew cut/shaved heads.

Then again, this is perhaps a critique more directed at the general art design/feel wanted by the game designers (depending on how much say you had in the matter) so I'm sorry if my critique is a little harsh.

Old 04 April 2005   #47
Defintely Top notch work. im glad you were alowd to post it up

foxco

Old 04 April 2005   #48
Talking Awesome!

I love your character models and textures. Your Punisher rocked! You're at EA now? They're lucky to have you. Great job all around.

Can you elaborate on how you added the asymetrical details to your model without adding them in the texture map. I know you went over how you did it in your first post but I'm still a little fuzzy on "how" you actually did it? Multiple UV set with a skin texture containing different skin elements (moles, scars, pimples), alpha layered over your base head texture?

Rock on!

Miyamoto Musashi

Old 04 April 2005   #49
Originally Posted by Bigpet: actually one 512*512 is 4 times bigger than one 265*256.
anyways Incredible models and awesome texture I could never tell this were only 2 256 if I wouldn't know

I didn't say 512x512, you implied that. What i meant was 512x256. Which is the same size as 2 together.

Old 04 April 2005   #50
Talking

Unbelievable work. Does the jedi mind trick work online...YOU WILL TEACH ME............

Old 04 April 2005   #51
Excelent work

and thanks for the wires

sexy panda with balls
girl
fighter WIP
pencil present
chicken

Old 04 April 2005   #52
GREAT MODELS AND TEXTURES !!!

Old 04 April 2005   #53
Talk about a great smoothing algorithm. great job.

Last edited by Voldron : 04 April 2005 at 07:46 PM.

Old 04 April 2005   #54
Hey man great work!!

From what i could gather from you little step-by-step of how u work - do you paint in B&W first and then just overlay colors on top?

Thanks man and again amazing job!!
-Mray-

Old 04 April 2005   #55
Originally Posted by Neil: I didn't say 512x512, you implied that. What i meant was 512x256. Which is the same size as 2 together.

yeah but the thing is most engines only support square textures so 512x256 most likely wouldn't be possible

Old 04 April 2005   #56
Very amazing work. If you have time, could you post an image that has the uv layout on top of your texture map? I'm in the process of texturing my and model my first low poly characters and would it would be nice to learn from your work. Awesome job.

Old 04 April 2005   #57
first of all i'd just like to say WOW, really nice work with what you had to work with

second, if you could write up a tutorial on how you did that hair, and how you approach different types of hair on characters, ie. longer, super short, stubble, etc.. painting and planar layout you'd be the awesomest. if you could do that i personally would love you forever

Old 04 April 2005   #58
Bigpet: Actually, most engines I've worked with (including criterion renderware) support non-square textures. The important factor it that the textures have to be the power of two.

Eoin: Great work, as I've begun to expect from you - truly inspiring.
I think I'll do some low-res faces just for fun, I really enjoyed watching these.

Last edited by vrapp : 04 April 2005 at 01:27 AM.

Old 04 April 2005   #59
Your low poly models look better than many peoples high poly models. Amazing work.

Old 04 April 2005   #60
looks cool. though they are all very cliche (scars, NEVER use scars and they lack on colorvariation. You can clearly see that is made with grayscale. Its a shitload of tweaking when you use layers to define the color. And often it turns out to monochromatic (like your here). Otherwise very good work. Like the shapes and overall forms of the chcractres

www.stephko.viranyi.de

Thread Closed share thread