Game Art Character: Future Soldier, Tim Appleby (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2005
Game Art Character: Future Soldier, Tim Appleby (3D)

Title: Game Art Character: Future Soldier
Name: Tim Appleby
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop

This is a piece I have have recently finished however I started working on it late last year.
I originally was aiming for more of a future pilot but the design evloved as I worked sporadically on it and it eventually became a future soldier/merc.

I know the subject matter has been done to death but I enjoyed this piece and hope you also enjoy it. He is 6230 Tri's, well under the limit I set myself (7k tris) and uses 5 512x512 textures (diffuse only).

01 January 2005
wow - i think this guy kicks some major butt

i have nothing to crit - nice model, very nice texturing, great facial expression, very "light" mesh...
superb work

regards
jannis

01 January 2005
textures are amazing and really convey a 3D feel... I had to look at the wire to see all the extraordinary work put into the maps!
Cheers,

01 January 2005
Amazing work as usual - you keep getting better and better!

The best part for me is the texturing - the light metal on his armour and the strap thingies look excellent.

My only fault is a little bit of warping can be seen on the padded areas, and the tech stuff on his arm looks a little flat. Maybe you couldve modeled some of it. The polycount is really low for todays stuff. Reminds me of Rico from killzone a little - the design and graphics for that were incredible.

Methinks you should get frontpage and a lovely award for this! Your work is consistently good, so its about time you got some recognition.

And hows about staying loyal to the fellers in the games forum? Post it there too!

Last edited by Andy H : 01 January 2005 at 10:54 PM.

01 January 2005
thanks for the encouragement, I thought you guys might enjoy this model aswell,

I also created her last year and she has similair texture specs and tri counts. I had the idea for the funky boots and wanted to have fun with them.

Edit: Thanks Andy, I'm just about to update the wip thread with these latest pics.

EDIT----------

"I dont have a website to post a link too, but if you want to contact me email bdimonkey(AT)hotmail.com for business inq's questions etc
I dont have time to respond to all your post right now but I can atleast provide you with a few more pics, all work which I did in my spare time last year;

This one I like to call "Resident Bitch", after all anyone would be pissed if their city was full of zombies.

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by TimAppleby : 01 January 2005 at 08:05 PM.

01 January 2005
Only 6k poligons? Amazing work man, I thought it was high poly model.

01 January 2005
lol will you merry me j/k do you think you can show us some tutorials on how you model and texture. Im so amazed i love it so much. I must learn how to model low poly females like you. Please pease, Tutorial tutorial. please i beg u.

01 January 2005
Great job, very impresive, congratulations, i love the texturing.

01 January 2005
really great texturing. I would love to see the characters with bump and spec maps!

01 January 2005
That is simply amazing.

<}::::::MasteroftheFork::::{0

<===' /

01 January 2005
Wow i really like this one

great job

01 January 2005
Amazing.

I would love to see your texture layouts. I want to learn to texture like that...what method did you use for texturing...

I hope I have not offended anyone by my style of critique.

01 January 2005
great models great textures

like hkbasravi, i'd love to see the texture layouts too

01 January 2005
very nice indeed

Thread Closed share thread