New Demo Reel And Online Portfolio, Joe Sandstrom (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #61
Hey Joe, what exactly is it that you would like to do? Animate, model/rigg, or design.

Small world, isnt it?

Cheers!

Old 10 October 2004   #62
Just wanted to add some praise! Excellent stuff man

5 Stars

Old 10 October 2004   #63
Awsome work! I love your artistic style. You have a great ability to capture what you put on paper into 3D. You work is very inspirational .

Old 10 October 2004   #64
Excellent Work

I didn't have the chance to see your demo reel, but your modelling and design skills are excellent - clean and percise. Your characters have strong personalities.
Excellent work.

Old 10 October 2004   #65
Thumbs up

FINALLY you get your awesome stuff up and online so we can all just waste our days and stare at the cleanliness of your awesomeness. kk, i'll go back to bugging you on irc now

Old 10 October 2004   #66
i love your reel. its awsome!!

Old 10 October 2004   #67
You super rock dude!

Like the format, drawings, wires, animations. Especially like the facial animation, the design of the old man, and the big monster walking. Would have liked to see a little more movement in his hips but it's still has a great feeling to it.

Definitely a demo to model after. Nice and clean.

Old 10 October 2004   #68
Great characters on your reel! Very fun. I love it when someone can model and draw.

Old 10 October 2004   #69
joe, i was pleasantly surprised to see you posting something here. we went to school together at AIP. i'm glad to see that you're doing well for yourself. your stuff looks great. looking forward to seeing more. and i wish you well looking for work.

caleb

Old 10 October 2004   #70
Modeling is very clean, good concepts and you matched them perfectly

Old 10 October 2004   #71
Just Awesome !

Really awesome dude, checked out your reel... it was real treat, hope to see some more complex animation of your characters, concept, modeling, rendering... was a real bull's eye here, really the typa shit I love !

Old 10 October 2004   #72
Just amazing...... Got a great demo there....best of luck..i am sure you'll find a new job very soon.. with this kind of work....

Old 10 October 2004   #73
Briant work. good good good.. i hope you get a job in a week cause your modeling and concept is great. Facial animation too. Now my question is this:

In what would you apply for ? modeling ? concept artist ? animation ? all of them ?

BW: that toon gun is bad ass

Old 10 October 2004   #74
Great work joe, i wanted to express my feelings because i thought you have done a lot of work in some areas that (i find) are difficult. You draw very well and model equally as well, great character design and appealing modeling.

Old 10 October 2004   #75
Modeling is Great

Can you talk about your modeling? What do you use Maya or Max? Sub D, Poly or Nurbs?

Any specific modeling DVDs or tutorials that you recommend?

Great work - I really hope you end up at Pixar or something.

But would much rather see you do short films, direct to DVD. You've got some great characters, alls you need are funny scripts.

Best of Luck to you!
Dan

Christopher Hitchens

Thread Closed share thread