New Demo Reel And Online Portfolio, Joe Sandstrom (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #46
Bandwidth Limit...

I can't wait to watch your DemoReel but unfortunatly non of the links you posted work... Can anyone post a link to a Mirror?

Old 10 October 2004   #47
This is really a good stuff !! No wonder why the site is closed right now :(

Old 10 October 2004   #48
Good looking characters! I like them all.
Keep up the great work!
I’m really looking forward to see the demo real.

Old 10 October 2004   #49
Woooowie

Sorry guys, 40GB of hosting gone in one night ... I'm working on a mirror until my host opens up in the morning so I can purchase more bandwidth. Sorry for the inconvenience, I will have this sorted out as soon as I can!! Someone generously offered to mirror the entire site for me until everything is fixed, hope this works.

Old 10 October 2004   #50
Try this hosting
5 GB a day

www.powweb.com

Resets every 24 hrs.

Nice site. Was able to get reel and it was fantastic. How did you get the nice wireframe look?

Old 10 October 2004   #51
Nice works! It seems you can model what you draw. It's good for your demo reel.
But the only thing that disturbs me is UNCA's looking. As an ape man, he looks very ordinary. He has almost nothing special like the other ordinary ape man character. Of course i don't now what you decided his role and characteristic in this tale/scenario. He just made me think like this.
Anyway, they are very nice characters and i'm sure they'll give ideas about what you can do.

Keep good working

Old 10 October 2004   #52
Originally Posted by Julez4001: Try this hosting
5 GB a day

www.powweb.com

Resets every 24 hrs.

Nice site. Was able to get reel and it was fantastic. How did you get the nice wireframe look?
I swear by these but... I don't think that would solve anything, I remember the 1st incredibles trailer, I was one of the mirrors and I got locked out of my account by about 6 hrs of hosting the file and that was only a 30 mb file... Bandwidth surely does get eaten up in not time when a popular file is shown here...

Sorry for the off-topic reply, still love watching your reel...

Website
Life in Black and White

Old 10 October 2004   #53
Mirror

Thanks to Tagi, I was able to mirror my entire site on his server and will be working out something with my webhost within the hour to upgrade to more bandwidth. I didn't think it would get this kind of response and I thank all of you for your kind words of encouragement.

I've read each and every comment and thanks so much for your positive feedback.

superlayer: your comment in particular is the highest form of compliment I could have. You made my day.

henningk: Legacy Animation Studios was a great experience. It was a pleasure to work with some of the fine talents from Walt Disney Feature Animation Florida. I just hope we don't see an end to the great medium of the traditional animated feature. It's something that will always remain close to my heart.

Last edited by Joe Sandstrom : 10 October 2004 at 01:34 PM.

Old 10 October 2004   #54
The main site is now available again after working things out with my host. The mirror should still help the bandwidth load on the main site.

Old 10 October 2004   #55
Gotta love that cool Gun with all the pop outs! Nice animation on that one!

Old 10 October 2004   #56
wooohooo! I love everything about your work. Your models are so clean and simple looking and your characters are great, I really like the style. Great demo reel too, like the music!

Old 10 October 2004   #57
Great work! I like the style of your characters which are well balanced and well modelled!. Looking forward to seeing the demoreel which im downloading right now!

Old 10 October 2004   #58
Super awesome, professional work!

I'd love to see more of these man, keep it up!

Bye
Seed

Old 10 October 2004   #59
Great Demo Reel! Nice presentation that shows how you are able to develop an idea from sketch to finished animation. I liked your drawing style very much; also the look of your 3D work. The wireframes looked very well thought out as well. This is one reel I'll look to again and again for inspiration.

Old 10 October 2004   #60
Hey joe, just what are you looking to do? Animate,design, or model.

Small world isn't it?

Cheers!

Thread Closed share thread