Germany

i like that model, it could be better, but it looks great
go on!

Old 09-02-2004, 10:24 PM   #17
Bonsai
Frequenter

Sebastian Kreiss
Munich, Germany

C´mon folks it is a good work, not a perfect on, i unfortunately agree, but do not blame MuzzY for being put on the frontpage. Thats not his fault, is it ?

Cheers
Bonsai

Old 09-02-2004, 10:58 PM   #18
gsuhy
Headlight Head

portfolio
Glenn Suhy
freelance artist 2d | 3d
Los Angeles, United States

Excellent work!!... but a very boring car. Must have been a paying job

Old 09-02-2004, 11:23 PM   #19
percydaman
VRay enthusiast

jack thompson
USA

It IS a nice image, but agree about it maybe needing a little more work before its absolutely front page material. And of course no one is blaming the hard working artist for it being there. Then again, I see work here everyday that surprises me when its NOT on the frontpage. Maybe some sort of voting system could be devised so that its not the opinion of a few that decides what goes on the frontpage.

What would be cool would be to have a panable (sp?) banner flash gizmo that people could pan with their mouse that would go from the latest to maybe several days old?

Old 09-02-2004, 11:26 PM   #20
JeffPatton
I can count to potato!

portfolio
Jeff Patton
Freelance Digital Artist
Freelance Artist
Lexington, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonsai
C´mon folks it is a good work, not a perfect on, i unfortunately agree, but do not blame MuzzY for being put on the frontpage. Thats not his fault, is it ?

Cheers
Bonsai

I'm not "blaming" anyone for anything. As I clearly stated in my original post, I think that Muzzzy's modelling is great. However, I just don't think this particular render it's up to par with some of the other vehicle renders that have graced the front page. Again, thats just my opinion. In the end, I guess I just expect perfection from front page work at CGtalk.

Again, Muzzzy, your modelling skills are great, far better than I have learned thus far. So I do respect you and your work and hope I haven't offended you by my opinions here.

Best wishes

Jeff

Old 09-02-2004, 11:37 PM   #21
TiSOy
Frequenter

Joseph
USA

Send a message via Yahoo to TiSOy
Thumbs up

I like the model,,,The shading is superb,,,seems like the source light comming from the top right. The model seems to be perfect to me, And it looks like theres a side mirrors and wipers,,,,just that u cant see wipers because of the shade and maybe he is not using his wiper so it stays down..........The tires are perfect as it should be in perspective of its rims. You should put a background pic or something instead of plain so that people can really see the outcome of this one. Nice to see another Great LWer modeler in front page.

Old 09-03-2004, 12:19 AM   #22
saturen3
Know-it-All

ali reza seifi
animator
Tehran, Iran

Send a message via MSN to saturen3 Send a message via Yahoo to saturen3
Cooool Render

Hey mate

It`s realy a cool render.i always have problem with car rendering.i cann`t obtain soft reflections such as your render.I`ve tested several ways and methods,,but i couldn`t get it.is it a material problem realy or it`s cos of rendering bad settings?

thanks realy for your nice renders

Old 09-03-2004, 12:30 AM   #23
Leonard
Jedi Master

portfolio
Leonard Teo
Montreal, Canada

Why does everything on the front page need to be perfect? If you don't think that it's front page material, then please don't say that on the thread. Instead, post constructive criticism about the image, about how the artist can improve it. There's absolutely no reason why anyone should post "This isn't front page material".

I didn't "front-page" this btw...I'm just saying that we should all try to keep all comments as constructive as possible in order to keep a positive tone to the forums.

Thanks,

Leo

Old 09-03-2004, 12:32 AM   #24
mr.wheels
Stray Cat

Send a message via MSN to mr.wheels
hmmz

WOW! its a nice car

good modelling I can appreciate the work that has gone into this but I see a few small errors that could be taken care of ,the model could use a little bit of a better material (i think) and the image is a little bit too low quality (as in the Jpeg) save it as a BMP and that way U wont get all that nasty Jpeg Artifact

but I really like the car the model itself is nice I cant really see too much wrong other than those things

NICE WORK!

15/male/ Sydney Australia

If found please return to the psychiatric ward at kingston.

Old 09-03-2004, 07:01 AM   #25
Pyke
White Zulu

portfolio
Christopher Bischoff
Lead artist & game designer.
The Brotherhood
Johannesburg, South Africa

Send a message via MSN to Pyke

Having just spent the last month modeling 15 cars (Sleepless nights anyone?), I can appreciate this render. It really is fantastic! Although if you could post up some different colours. Ive always thought that Acid Green looks nice on these small zippy cars.

As for the front page comments-firstly, what people dont seem to understand is that having your work on the front page isnt some great award. The front page is there to hilight certain threads or pieces of art that have been posted on the boards. Thats all. The CG Choice Gallery is the award section of the site-not the front page.

Excellent render. Would love to see a wire if you got a chance, as well as some renders in different colours.

-C-

Old 09-03-2004, 07:09 AM   #26
dlccar
Страшни демон

Darko Lekic
Zerg-Hive Dron
Serbia

Smile ...super...

Yo man, It's a superb model (maybe you can later improove it a bit or render it with better "scenario" - but still superb)!!
Post more rendered views (behind, side ...)!!

And don't pay atention at those "hot-shots" critics, coz you did outstanding model..

(hope they will have a chance to show up at front page )

C YA

p.s. And I absolutely agree with Leonard..
www.d-vision.biz
---------------

Old 09-03-2004, 08:39 AM   #27
MuzzzY
Bir Eski Istanbul

portfolio
Muzaffer KoÇer
Industrial Designer & Modeler
METU / Industrial Design
Istanbul / Ankara, Turkey

Send a message via ICQ to MuzzzY Send a message via MSN to MuzzzY
I didnt believe when I saw my fiesta at the banner. I am so so very happy, because I always want it. So thanks to Jeff Patton and Leonard.

Thanks All COMMENTS

Old 09-03-2004, 10:07 AM   #28
icegrafx
CG Designer

Send a message via ICQ to icegrafx
Hey Muzzy, good job again.
But don't be happy now. I will critise a little. Hahah...
First of all I'll complain about the same thing. Camera! You are modeling everything great but showing us the most strange angle of it. Render your car like the angle in the blue Focus pic. It wiill look much better.
Now here comes the hardest critise. I'm sure the poligon number of your cars total is equal to one of my wheels. And I hate this!
About the first page. I know you gave a real Fiesta to Cgtalk moderators for being in the first page. But man we are friends. This subject is between us. I won't tell anybody.
Once again, great job.

Old 09-03-2004, 10:18 AM   #29
MuzzzY
Bir Eski Istanbul

portfolio
Muzaffer KoÇer
METU / Industrial Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by icegrafx
Hey Muzzy, good job again.
But don't be happy now. I will critise a little. Hahah...
First of all I'll complain about the same thing. Camera! You are modeling everything great but showing us the most strange angle of it. Render your car like the angle in the blue Focus pic. It wiill look much better.
Now here comes the hardest critise. I'm sure the poligon number of your cars total is equal to one of my wheels. And I hate this!
About the first page. I know you gave a real Fiesta to Cgtalk moderators for being in the first page. But man we are friends. This subject is between us. I won't tell anybody.
Once again, great job.

Thanks icegrafx. You are right. But some people want a perfect work on banner. I say again, when I saw my work in banner, I am so so so happy.
Thanks all everbody.

Muzzzy

Old 09-05-2004, 10:38 PM   #30
MuzzzY
Bir Eski Istanbul

portfolio
Muzaffer KoÇer
METU / Industrial Design

UPDATE