Wind, Avik, Aka Cgmandv (avix Motion Graphix) (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #1
Wind, Avik, Aka Cgmandv (avix Motion Graphix) (3D)

Title: Wind
Name: Avik, Aka Cgmandv (avix Motion Graphix)
Software: Cinema4d/photoshop

The idea came in an evening, suddenly the weather outside turned bad and it started raining. My table is just beside a window, the strong wind threw up the curtain. Coincidentally I was practicing dynamics and thought why not (Infact I am making some images for self promotion). I am not a top notch modeller/artist, and I know that so I try to keep it simple. One HDRI was used as a source I had download for free from (Ufzi probe.hdr)Paul Bevecs site. Adjusted the light by offsetting the HDR env. Map. Wall and frame texture is procedural. Curtain texture is collected from the net, sorry dont remember. Used soft filter in post render. Added Gaussian noise in Photoshop (vaue: 1).

thats it.
cg

Old 08 August 2004   #2
Very nice I like it

Old 08 August 2004   #3
dunno but theres something strange with the wall, the material of the wall doesn't look good
and try adding a good displacement map...otherwise nice render

Old 09 September 2004   #4
I tried to achieve a damp sort of a wall texture, but I guess it need some heavy face lift. I will try on them.

thx for the crit.

Old 10 October 2004   #5
another nice image

hey this one i good too... i liked the idea too... but i suppose u cud through some more details to this one... gr8... keep it up

Old 12 December 2004   #6
thx deshi dude, waitin 2 meet u. i tried pm u but u don receive any. my gp cell is 0171532914

Old 12 December 2004   #7
looks great! Its too bad youy can't see anything IN the window. Maybe you can through a slightly blurry photo back there or something? Anywy, it is the composition and feeling that makes this image great. Good job.

Old 01 January 2006   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread