Country Style Kitchen, Trgraphics (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #1
Country Style Kitchen, Trgraphics (3D)

Title: Country Style Kitchen
Name: Trgraphics
Software: Max 6, V-ray

This is an image I did a few weeks ago. I was trying to come up with a soft light feeling for the image but still show the detail. Please give me your thoughts and critics. Thanks

Old 08 August 2004   #2
hey tony, nice image! i think your tea pot on the stove seems doesn't fit with the scene, i dunno, maybe it's because the material for your tea pot. and your knive's material also doesn't look like a real butcher's knive. (sorry for the limited vocab ). but overall your ambient looks good, maybe too good, if u know what i'm saying..

where did u get ur material from? did u use photo, or standard image for the material.
and what kind of lighting do u use, n how? can u show me your viewport, that shows how the scene was set?

again, it's a nice image n keep up your good work.

ciao,
B7

Old 08 August 2004   #3
I like it very much! It looks very authentic and clear. A nice place to cook something ... if I could.

Old 08 August 2004   #4
Ohhh I like this very much You have the lighting set up very nicely, including the natural white look of the background behind the windows, good job! The wood texture is nice and feels very natural. The one thing that caught my eye is the aluminum texture, looks like it needs more specularity and reflection as it looks like plastic.

Old 08 August 2004   #5
VERY CLEAN AND REALISTIC, GOOD JOB.

Old 08 August 2004   #6
Beeeeutiful! Nice surfaces and lighting.

Old 08 August 2004   #7
Now I know who to call if I ever need a new kitchen! Nice work!

Old 09 September 2004   #8
Thanks for all the kind words. I will post a wire tomorrow. I wasn't extremely happy with the stainless steel metal but with mostly ambient light it was tough to get strong highlights. There are only four lights in the scene. Two at the windows and two in the overhead lamps. But they were mainly to light the frosted glass in the fixtures and don't contribute a lot of light to the scene. Thanks again for posting!

Tony

Old 09 September 2004   #9
Really nice image with great lighting and use of materials and surfacing.
There is a lot of variation in the materias you used .. nice render !

Old 01 January 2006   #10
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread