Threshold, Robert Waterworth/ Waterworth Vfx (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2004
Threshold, Robert Waterworth/ Waterworth Vfx (3D)

Title: Threshold
Name: Robert Waterworth/ Waterworth Vfx
Software: Maya/ Photoshop

This is a concept for an upcoming Book. modeled with Nurbs and polys, rendered with Maya software. Rez 4096x4096

08 August 2004
You appear to have a map/tiling problem on the legs of the trolley - it seems to change/repeat halfway up the legs.
The floor tiles would benefit from a stronger bump.

Other than that, very nice concept/image. I especially like the coloured glow around the lights.

Mark.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++

PS> I've just noticed the red at the bottom of the wall on the left. If it's paint, I think it's slightly too bright & saturated.
If it's blood, then its REALLY too bright and saturated.

Last edited by funchski : 09 September 2004 at 08:02 AM.

08 August 2004
Hey nice work! This is a very unique angle and it makes the image a LOT more interesting. I think the floor should have LESS bump map as opposed to more, tile floors usually are just a tad wavy and smooth, but they certainly don't have a bumpy texture

08 August 2004
When I said that the floor needed more bump, I meant that the separation between the tiles needed to be more pronounced.

Mark

08 August 2004
Textures

Originally Posted by funchski: Guillermo, you appear to have a map/tiling problem on the legs of the trolley - it seems to change/repeat halfway up the legs.
The floor tiles would benefit from a stronger bump.

Other than that, very nice concept/image. I especially like the coloured glow around the lights.

Mark.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++

PS> I've just noticed the red at the bottom of the wall on the left. If it's paint, I think it's slightly too bright & saturated.
If it's blood, then its REALLY too bright and saturated.

You got me. I posted this render with a few things that still need fixing. Your right about the legs, good eye not everyone picked that out, and I agree the red is over sat. I will be re working this image for a bit, but It is nice to get it out of my computer and see what other think. Thanks for the interest.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread