Asian Valley, Joseph "piggyson" Drust (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #1
Asian Valley, Joseph "piggyson" Drust (3D)

Title: Asian Valley
Name: Joseph "piggyson" Drust
Software: 3ds Max 5, Photoshop

I have always been a lurker on these boards so figured I would finally post something ^_^

This is a little Asian themed render I created for a website design. The scene is almost completely created out of realtime geometry (Minus the grass.)

Old 08 August 2004   #2
Nicely Done!

Hey Piggy,

I too am a lurker in these forums and when I saw that you had posted some work I had to reply. I really like the layout of this village. Very cozy. I'd really like to see some villagers wandering around in there!

I hope all is going well for you!

Tim Alexander

Old 08 August 2004   #3
Its cute, but it lacks contrast and shadows in general. If i were you, i would lower the ambient light, and make the grass roots darker if there is such an option.

Animusing Productions
old animation stuff.

Old 08 August 2004   #4
Welcome to Cgtalk!!! I like the image a lot. I think the contrast is ok excpet in the roof areas, but other than that I think it looks really nice. Could we geta wire?

Old 08 August 2004   #5
Thanks for the comments, Here are images of the wireframes and some of the house assets.

Old 08 August 2004   #6
Thumbs up

I like it lots, has a nice summer asian village feel, makes me not want to work indoors today . Great stylised tree, reminds of of bonsai trees from japan, nice use of color too!

Only critic I have is, maybe add some distant mountain or hills to add a little more to look at in horizon.

i'm a forum lurker too, I've seen some amazing artwork on these forum keep up the great work!

-Bluez

Old 08 August 2004   #7
Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be a lot of issues with scale. Personally, I think this (as well as the very angular trees) makes for an interesting look. It reminds me of a diorama. My only crit is that I would like to see it at a larger resolution.

Old 09 September 2004   #8
Originally Posted by slackjaw10: Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be a lot of issues with scale. Personally, I think this (as well as the very angular trees) makes for an interesting look. It reminds me of a diorama. My only crit is that I would like to see it at a larger resolution.
Yeah I wanted a distorted cliche chibi effect for the houses. The image was primarly for a website entrance image so the image was never intended to be viewed larger then 1027x480

However I rendered another one thats at 1600x750 for ya ^_^

[AsianValley_1600.jpg]

thx

Old 01 January 2006   #9
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread