Lizard, Fred Robert (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2004
Lizard, Fred Robert (3D)

Title: Lizard
Name: Fred Robert
Software: Maya

An image inspired by one seen on the web.
I made it to try to improve my rendering skills.
C&C are welcome
Cheers

08 August 2004
my crit would be i can see the tiles through the lizard! but this may actually be intended so my apologies if it is. also through the grate look just to dark all of a sudden

Henry Moore

08 August 2004
Lol yeah, the material looks a little more like glass..... I would def. suggest it being more opaque and then it'll look more like slimey lizard skin

Other than that I like the tiles and the texture on the grate.

08 August 2004
Thanks for your comments.
I should have explain that I wanted the lizard to have a jelly look and the grate dirty.
I should udpdate my picture

08 August 2004
The image you talk about on the web must be the one from Kaihei Hayano. The guy is brilliant! One of my favorate 3d artists...check out his website here http://www.kaihei.net/index.shtml

Madpear, I think the texture on the lizard need some work. Nice lighting, and try to ad more dirt and grme to the tiles. Good work...keep it up

08 August 2004
Thanks Werner. And thank you to have found my reference image
Btw, his lizard looks like made of water and I want mine to look like jelly. But I agree, it still need some work.

08 August 2004
Originally Posted by Madpear: Thanks for your comments.
I should have explain that I wanted the lizard to have a jelly look and the grate dirty.
I should udpdate my picture

i had a feeling you would be trying to do this..but thought i better mention it anyway. i don't mind the dirty/rusty grate either...but i mean the transition to dark down the drain area is just to solid black imo...

i like the concept though...and the reference work is very interesting stuff..unusual which is good.

Henry Moore

08 August 2004
I see what you mean.
Let's do this

If a moderator comes here, please put this topic in the WIP 3d section of the forum. Thx

Last edited by Madpear : 09 September 2004 at 10:12 AM.

08 August 2004
looks so pretty, do know kaihei hayano look a pretty similar http://www.kaihei.net/cgw/tokage.html

08 August 2004
play with the IOR

Henry Moore

08 August 2004
Good modeling, but I would go for a different texture for the lizard; it looks too much like shiny rubber in my opinion.

08 August 2004
cold_fusion: Thanks for your comment. As I told to Werner, this is the image that inspire me.

flingster: Hum ...... what do you mean? This is not a dielectrical material.

Xplorer: Thanks, and you're right. I don't want it look like water or glass, but jelly. But it still need some work.

More udpate soon ...... when i'll be back from hollyday

08 August 2004
Originally Posted by Madpear: cold_fusion: Thanks for your comment. As I told to Werner, this is the image that inspire me.

flingster: Hum ...... what do you mean? This is not a dielectrical material.

Xplorer: Thanks, and you're right. I don't want it look like water or glass, but jelly. But it still need some work.

More udpate soon ...... when i'll be back from hollyday

incidence of refraction...compare yours with the other..there is a different...if not ior...then look at the blurring through the lizard..certainly more disperse.

Henry Moore

09 September 2004
An update.
New texture, new lightning, new hole
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lizard2.jpg (72.0 KB, 11 views)

09 September 2004
definite improvement all over..imho as always.

(minor crit: would be needs some poly filler (grouting) in the tile gaps as looks a little sparse at the corners)

good work bud...

Henry Moore

Thread Closed share thread