Animation Short Film, Jack Chen (Animation)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #1
Animation Short Film, Jack Chen (Animation)

Title: Animation Short Film
Name: Jack Chen
Software: Lightwave3d 7.5

Hi all:
Please take a look of this short animation named " Reverie "
And please give me some suggestions.

http://jackdahon.net/Works_animation.htm

Old 08 August 2004   #2
Really nice scenery

I think you should refine boy´s movements. Her movement is great!

Good work!

Old 08 August 2004   #3
i think the boys walk & run cycles are very choppy...i also would have liked to see him jump at the end rather than fall and apper on the ledge across from him to get to the girl. The modeling seemed rough, and so did the animation (were you given a certain time frame to do this?).....The hair & cloth flow on the girl seemed way to exaggerated, if there was supposed to be wind blowing the boys hair should have been ruffling as well, for some reason i didn't get any sound but from what i could tell there was no motivation or catalyst for the boy to be casing the girl visualy (unless there was diologe that i missed), the attempt was commendable and you have a very nice start, it just needs more work. im sorry if my post seems really negitive but if you wanna raise the bar please take my suggestions

-S2bA

Old 08 August 2004   #4
I loved it. The music was essential. I'm sorry S2B that you couldnt hear it. There's no dialogue but the music definitely makes the mood.
Jack, this is one of my favorites, story and concept wise. Of course the character animation could be a lot better, especially the jump at the end. But the motion did its job... it was clear enough through staging and editing what was going on.
Thanks for posting. I'd love to see what you do next.
love,hen

Old 08 August 2004   #5
I like the style... though it's too slow... I kept getting the urge to exclaim "Dammit man! Run faster!"

Old 08 August 2004   #6
Cool stuff. Some work on the overall character animation and some work on tightening up the timing of the events could really make this top notch. As it is I enjoyed it and just love the concept and mood. Good work.

Old 08 August 2004   #7
I like the idea, and some of the stuff you made is well thought. Like when he jumps off the ledge and lands on the other site, or when the girl is with him on the belltower for a second and then disappears. But the animation isn't all that good imho. It looks like the boy's legs are too long, kinda like he's walking on stilts. Is there any rotation in his pelvis area when he's walking or running? I get the feel you animated from a side view, without looking from a front view.

The idea is very good, the environment is superb too, I only have mixed feelings about the animation.

Old 08 August 2004   #8
Wink

HI all : you gays really give me very good suggestions. and I am very appreciate .
The animation did have lots of problems when I made it . the animation itself did
still have room for improving . So as the clothes simulation . And the render of
shadow in some parts . I will keep working on it . Thanks a lot .
Some of the problem in the boy's leg is the ik in his leg has some problem. I done
it in lightwave , and I didn't set the ik perfectly so the boy's leg actually can't be
straight . It always has a little bend . In some point it just hard to control it right.

Old 01 January 2006   #9
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread