Weapon Of Mass Destruction, Hugh Mcgahern (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #1
Weapon Of Mass Destruction, Hugh Mcgahern (3D)

Title: Weapon Of Mass Destruction
Name: Hugh Mcgahern
Software: 3ds Max 6

I'm a bit nervous posting this up as a long time lurker, seeing the massively talented peeps on here. This Was an image I produced for the 3d-palace summer competition for the under 12 months experience category, which went on to win.

The brief was to create a city destroying mech, I decided to produce a quadraped walker, with a supporting mothership, with the surrounding city buildings in various states of destruction.

The final scene consisted of around 800,000 polygons and was rendered with the standard renderer and light tracer.

The WIP thread can be found here at http://www.3d-palace.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2740&start=0

Cheers.

Old 08 August 2004   #2
welcome lurker-boy.
anyways...any chance of seeing some close ups of that robot thing...?
(my crit would be you need something to emphasize scale...i mean this thing is like 6 stories high! but it just looks like its in an ally or something..also needs feet placing better..)

anyways don't let this put you off in anyway bud..and keep posting...good work..and well done on winning the comp...for under 12 months experience its cracking stuff.

Henry Moore

Old 08 August 2004   #3
Robot-Thing looks really cool........ the only thing I would add is something to smooth the transition from the building to the ground, like some plants or something (maybe a shadow). Right now its like....grrrroooounddddd.......BUILDING........if you see what I mean.....

Old 01 January 2006   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread