Investigating Jack-test/trailer, John Henderson (Animation)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2004
Investigating Jack-test/trailer, John Henderson (Animation)

Title: Investigating Jack-test/trailer
Name: John Henderson
Software: Animation Master

Link
This is a test/trailer for a short film beginning production called Investigating Jack.
It's a new look at an old tale.
The animation and the characters were deliberately simplified so that I could concentrate on telling the story. Comments and criticism of the character and animation are welcome.

08 August 2004
i like your texturing, the thing that threw me off really quick was the voice over.

08 August 2004
Talking nice one

i really like that style. he reminds me on the reverent on boring3d.com
I've seen lots of great things done with the animation master. Something you could improve is for sure the lightning. There's also something wrong with the timing (just my opinion)
I'm not an animator, so i can't nail it. I hope you get some better feedback on this. HEY! animators! where are you?

sexy panda with balls
girl
fighter WIP
pencil present
chicken

08 August 2004
When he says "and a better script..." you should time your movement on the accent... and the accent in this sentence is SCRIPT... but i dont think he's doing the right movement at this part of the movie. He's doing to much... Tried to keep the movement before (when he says.. and a better..) keep that movement but put it at "Script.." And you can keep longer the hand movement when he say "a new voice..."

about facial animation... the major thing is when he say "until I get a new voice..." your lips doesen't move at all on the "until I get" part...

And when the text falls from the sky... you could make it a lot faster... it will punch a lot with your camera shaking...

NIce job, doing acting isn't the easiest kind of animation... hope I'll see an updated version soon...

08 August 2004
Thumbs up Cool

Originally Posted by florian: HEY! animators! where are you?

I'm an animator! I think I'll answer the call. Hehe.

Seriously, I dig it a lot. Can't wait to see the finished work. As far as the animation goes, two things come to mind immediatly for me. One, just a little more idle animation when the camera pans down in the beginning. It looks like he's frozen stiff until the camera stops and the animation begins. You know, just some basic hand jitters or some small hip movements or breathing.

Two, when he walks around in a circle, the foot doesn't roll. Is the rigg set up so that he can roll off his heel and then lift his feet? This simply may just be a character design choice, if so, my bad.

Great work!

-pod

My Wacky Knight

My Animation

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread