Fender Stratocaster Electric Guitar, Andrew Suryadi (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #1
Fender Stratocaster Electric Guitar, Andrew Suryadi (3D)

Title: Fender Stratocaster Electric Guitar
Name: Andrew Suryadi
Software: 3dsmax And Photoshop

Hi all, this one is 3d work I did sometime ago. hope to hear some crits and comment for this image. Thanks for viewing. :)

Old 08 August 2004   #2
nice, very realistic

Old 08 August 2004   #3
Looks good but maybe it's to clean, i'm sure that a guitar like that is played on (although I prefer to play on Ibanez...).

But nevertheless - Very nice work!

Old 08 August 2004   #4
Thanks, dcmoutinho and LanZ for the kind word!

Old 08 August 2004   #5
Very Cool!! Androgs.

I am working on a Strat Model myself, I hope mine looks as good as yours when I'm done.

Telecaustic

Old 08 August 2004   #6
Hi Andrew, Very nice model of a Strat! (I've seen loads of duff ones and to a guitarist they stand out like sore thumbs!) I've done a couple over the years- models that is (owned one also for some years)
A difficult part was always the contouring/shaping at rear of body which you've managed well.
The whole thing is quite difficult to get right shape wise even if you've one in front of you. Getting the very subtle scratchplate to fit right with body is harder than it looks. I used a drawing from one of the Fender books. My one crit of the scene is that its probably overlit, but maybe you wanted it that way. I'd like to see a more revealing view ;-)
Last guitar I modelled was an Epiphone against a Marshall amp. You can see the image on Maxon's site in the Photorealistic section.

Old 08 August 2004   #7
LOOKS GOOD, BUT HAVE TOO NOISE FOR ME, AND THE B/W REST MUCH DETAILS TO THE IMAGE, OVERALL LOOKS GOOD WORK.

Old 08 August 2004   #8
Hi Androgs

I hate fenders, they are big lumpy ol dinosaurs an everybody uses them . If I stand onstage with one of these I have a backache in 10 minutes. I like this one though. I like the duotone vintage atmosphere. I would have put some old posters of blues players on the wall, really contrasted out in the same colours.

Great stuff Kanga

Old 08 August 2004   #9
looks very nice indeed, though i perfer gibson lespauls and telecasters my self and i though all (most) strats had 22 frets, but that must just be all the strats ive played.
also the pickup selector switch looks a little small, and in the wrong position, it looks as though it is pointing directly up, but it isnt centered, though that could be due to the perspective.

what sort of amp is that?

very good work

Old 08 August 2004   #10
It does look good. The bottom edge of the bridge unit kind of looks... not correct on the body, as if it's too sharp and clean looking against the noise of the body's finish. But, maybe not.

I like how it's a Fat Strat. As a rock guy, I approve. I've been looking at getting this guitar:
http://www.fender.com/products/show...&partno=0101580

Also a Fat Strat, though I haven't heard what those humbuckers sound like so I'm not sure if I'd keep them. I'd get the quilt maple top in cherry color. The neck feels so nice, with a good clean sustain. Oh man, I think I just had an accident!

Old 08 August 2004   #11
wow, so many replies, Thanks for the kind crits and comment all, they all read carefully, the amp..mm as far as I remember I mix my fender amp with the amp I found in brochure or magazine, my own amp is not that big .
and about a revealing view, here's a clay render and the original guitar color.

any other comment and crits are welcome for sure. Many Thanks all!!

Old 08 August 2004   #12
Here's another closer clay render.

hope you all like it, and "let the good time roll", hehe.

Old 08 August 2004   #13
I reckon let the wammy bar hang.. I mean no one has it that tight when they're playing anyway.. least I ain't ever seen anyone like that. so yeah let it hang the way it normally would.

thats my only crit.

Old 08 August 2004   #14
Ahahaha, Thanks for pointing that, chewman. I have to agree with you. Sometime I'm just to focus for a technical thing that I forgot about this essential problem. Thanks again.

Old 08 August 2004   #15
Andrew, thanks for putting those up. It all looks pretty accurate apart from mainly the jack plug housing, which I think needs the plan view shape to be a bit more curved with less straight sides. Also the scratch plate could do with having a few more polygons to smooth out the very subtle shape. Great job overall though!

Martin K.

Thread Closed share thread