Bmw M3 Convertible, Mostafa Mahmoud (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #1
Bmw M3 Convertible, Mostafa Mahmoud (3D)

Title: Bmw M3 Convertible
Name: Mostafa Mahmoud
Software: 3d Max

Hi Every body
again with Bmw m3 convertible
it's my Latest work in max
and my frist work with bmw company
they need the models owith out
render and material
any way
i love to listen your comments
bye bye

Last edited by skyraider : 08 August 2004 at 07:56 PM.

Old 08 August 2004   #2

Old 08 August 2004   #3
well done mostafa your work is so good just keep going, there is some work you have to do to make it more real because it is not matching with back ground very much

Old 08 August 2004   #4
- I like the first and the second images the best.
- The renders are a little splotchy.
- You can see the render tiles.
- I do think you should work on the integration of the car a little more.
- www.EdHarriss.com

Old 08 August 2004   #5
umm looking from you renders i seems to me as if you used brazil to render? yes?
im guessing cause i can still see a brazil render bucket in some images and to view rate it quite low, thats why you see the small little pixelated squares over the image. but nice anyways

Old 08 August 2004   #6
Jeez - theres a helluva lot of cars on frontpage recently!

Lighting and modeling is faultless - really photorealistic, but the wierd distortion on the bottom of the photo lets it down a bit, and the inverted cloud effect on those certain images are horrid!

Great work though!

Last edited by Andy H : 08 August 2004 at 11:19 PM.

Old 08 August 2004   #7
Please forgive me, but as a BMW fan & owner I should say that this doesen't exactly matches a real BMW 3 convertible. This car is just too thin, and the headlights and the front bumper is a bit overscaled. The wheel looks a bit funky too. Like plastic or what. The background image is too distorted, this is a wide-angle image that doesen't matches the angle setting of car's camera. The car's blue is a bit unreal...a bit more red would make it better just to match the background. But the carpaint shaders are really good.

Old 08 August 2004   #8
Originally Posted by supremacy: Please forgive me, but as a BMW fan & owner I should say that this doesen't exactly matches a real BMW 3 convertible. This car is just too thin, and the headlights and the front bumper is a bit overscaled. The wheel looks a bit funky too. Like plastic or what. The background image is too distorted, this is a wide-angle image that doesen't matches the angle setting of car's camera. The car's blue is a bit unreal...a bit more red would make it better just to match the background. But the carpaint shaders are really good.

I second what you worte. I own the same car and there are definately lines that need to be exact to goive the feel of an M3.When ahrdsurface modelling, you have to be exact otherwise a anM3 vould easily turn in an Accord!You have a great start here, I would say it wouldn't take much more work to improve on this piece.

Old 08 August 2004   #9
Unhappy

Every now and again, I find myself unable to fathom how something made the header, and this is one of those times. It's nice enough to look at, but it' loaded with inaccuracies and issues compared to the real article, and in comparison to LB's Dino, it isn't header material.

Sorry to sound harsh dudes.

Cheers!

Old 08 August 2004   #10
i have many respects for skyraider evolution, and this work proves once more you are getting better in each work, but, this is still far from being good enough for frontpage. I have no idea who plugged this but please, the model is full of errors, the background is clearly an HDRI spheric image taken somewhere, the car shader is nice, but the other shaders hav some problems, for example the inside of exhaust tubes are lighten than the exterior?!
I think this is a lack of respect for other members that hav done better works, and never seen a frontpage...just my opinion.

Interior: Hotel Suite

Tyrrell P34 WIP

-------------------

Old 08 August 2004   #11
I'm not usually the one to rant, but:

At first glance, the renders look quite good, but upon closer inspection, one begins to see the errors: the distortion of the HDRI, the render bucket, various modeling inaccuracies (and I don't even know the car that well), stretched textures, the overall 'dull' look of the car etc.

It's really those small things that keep it from what I would consider front page material.

Old 08 August 2004   #12
hello skyraider,

this piece needs a bit more work, in addition to what others have said:

- exhaust pipes have some strange reflections going on. it almost looks like you added them in post(?)
- the headlights are still exposed / missing the glass.
- it appears that you applied a default lambert to the hubcaps.
- some of the edges on the body look jagged and again the hubcap could use some more work.

while the image needs work (and should be considered a WIP in my opinion) i have a feeling that you're going to take an unfairly harsh critic due to the front page plug.

... just don't take any criticism anyone might give you in this thread to heart.

/edit:

- at certain angles you can see right through to the otherside of the model
- there is no rear view mirror and the entire front windshield section looks... thin.
- ... and as someone else mentioned the background does not match the car.

Last edited by mental : 08 August 2004 at 12:39 AM.

Old 08 August 2004   #13
proportions

Pretty good renders.
Being a BMW freak, my main concern is that the proportions are off. Especially over the rear fender, you can see it very clear in the first image. Also the nose looks too short.

Old 09 September 2004   #14
Looking great .. render look really nice .. just 2 things i think need a look ..

1. Rims ... just look a bit off, might want look a some more refs ..

2. The side trip (the middle part) ... goes out and is not really seperate from the car its more just a extrude and camfer kinda thing.

Hope to see more updates soon

Antec P160
Antec TrueBlue 480W
Abit IC7-MAX3
Thermalright SLK 948u /w 92mm Panaflo
Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz 'C'
1GB (2x512) OCZ Platinum EB PC3200
ATI AIW 9700 Pro
2 X 36GB Western Digital Raptors (RAID 0)
200GB Western Digital JD (SATA)
LG 4040B DVD-/+RW, LiteOn 48X DVD/CDR Combo
Atech 7-1 Card Reader

Old 09 September 2004   #15
realy great work skyraider
model look awsome
but render need some of playing
my opin

Thread Closed share thread